Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 110 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman Trial

Default Zimmerman Trial

Have been listening to the live jury voir dire and am very disappointed. At this point, I am not sure that I would ever want to be judged by a jury involving a the use of force. The caliber of people that are now ready to be finally selected is just scary and to see how the government will go to the end of the world to get a conviction on an issue like this seems so seemingly clear is sad. It is also sad that a jury of Zimmerman's "peers" seemingly is being contested by the prosecution. Enough said.

PS: The jury selected is comprised of six (6) women mostly older B29 (hispanic woman in her 30's, church goer), B76 (white female in late 50' and 60) B37 (white woman, watches Today show) B51 (elderly white woman), E40 (white woman in her 60's from Iowa), not sure of the last one. (No african american with one hispanic, remainder are white, white females in their 50's, 60's and 70's) and a female Judge. Our country has gone soft!! Will "men ever walk with men", again?
    Last edited by pa350z; June 24th, 2013 at 02:27 PM.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Zimmerman Voir Dire

When i was apart of a jury involving a murder case...i couldnt help but think i hope to god i am never in a position to be tried by jury, because a jury of your "peers" is not at all....

The case i was apart of, only 1 other person was as educated as me....it was disturbing

(Bucks County)

6 Jurors ....all women?? WTF?

The Fix is in.

George's cellmate made a video.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; June 20th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    6 Jurors ....all women?? WTF?

The Fix is in.

George's cellmate made a video.
    I admit, I have been listening to this for the past week. All the seemingly good jurors were let go. What is scary is that many of us excercise our right every day and God forbid, have to use it, the people judging us will most likely have no clue as to why we do what we do under our National and State Constitutions and that what we do is a right, not a privilege.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

While in the elevator in the court house, I heard a defense attorney say the following to his client.

"Why the hell did you tell the judge you wanted a jury trial? A jury in this county is 12 educated white people from the suburbs who blame you for their rising taxes, rising crime, and sure as hell never want to see you walking though their neighborhood or come home with their daughter."

That was in interesting elevator ride.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyishootstuff View Post
    While in the elevator in the court house, I heard a defense attorney say the following to his client.

"Why the hell did you tell the judge you wanted a jury trial? A jury in this county is 12 educated white people from the suburbs who blame you for their rising taxes, rising crime, and sure as hell never want to see you walking though their neighborhood or come home with their daughter."

That was in interesting elevator ride.
    hardly from the truth haha, at least in the jury i served on it was a crap shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    When i was apart of a jury involving a murder case...i couldnt help but think i hope to god i am never in a position to be tried by jury, because a jury of your "peers" is not at all....

The case i was apart of, only 1 other person was as educated as me....it was disturbing
    "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence."
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Monroe County)

Just saw an article on Yahoo news link, referred that 2 jurors were active in "animal rescue programs". This may not work in Zimmermans favor. Nothing against these programs, i have received animals through a few in the past.

We may be looking at " Older White Cat Ladies, that rescue them all, because nothing should ever be killed", types. Now that may apply also to Trayvon having been "Euthanized" in their eyes. Like no one should "EVER" die.

(Montgomery County)

Here is more info

The Jury,

B-29 B-76 B-37 B-51 E-6 E-40
    (videos are pre-media individual screening)

B29 F 40s Hispanic
    Married 10 years, 8 kids
    Moved to FL from Chicago four months ago, mom of 7. A Hispanic nurse on an Alzheimer’s ward. At current job for 3 months. Oldest son is 20.
    B29 Prosecution
    B29 Defense

B76 F 50s White
    Married, 2 kids
    Seminole resident since 1981, could not ID Trayvon’s mom. A white middle-aged woman who said Zimmerman had an “altercation with the young man. There was a struggle, and the gun went off.” Unemployed, owned construction company with husband for 15 years. Older son, 28, is a foreclosure/divorce lawyer. Seminole Co. resident since 1995 (Dates conflict)
    B76 Prosecution
    B76 Defense

B37 F 50s White
    Married 20 years, 2 kids
    Animal rescue volunteer, has 2 grown daughters, multiple pets. A middle-aged white woman who works for a chiropractor and has many pets. She described protests in Sanford as “rioting.” . Husband is a space attorney, works with rockets. Father was Air Force captain. 18-year Seminole Co. resident.
    B37 Prosecution
    B37 Defense

B51 F 60s White
    Unmarried, no kids
    Shooting “sad on both sides,” no interest in “limelight” A retired white woman from Oviedo who has a dog and 20-year-old cat. She knew a good deal about the case but said: “I’m not rigid in my thinking.” Retired from real estate, 9-year Seminole Co. resident, in Central Fla. since 1987. Was juror 3 years ago, and in 1991 in Orange Co.
    B51 Prosecution
    B51 Defense

E6 F 20s White
    Married, 2 kids
    Warned kids not to give “false impression” about themselves. A young white woman and mother who used to work in financial services. She used this case as an example to her adolescent children, warning them to not go out at night. Husband an engineer. Children are 11 and 13. Unemployed, volunteers at kids’ school. 2-year Seminole Co. resident, had lived in Orange Co. since 2004.
    E6 Prosecution
    E6 Defense

E40 F 50s White
    Married, 1 son
    Moved to FL from Iowa in Nov. 2012. A white woman in her 60s who lived in Iowa at the time of the shooting. She heard national-news reports and recalls the shooting was in a gated community and a teenager was killed. Moved to Fla. from Iowa in Nov. 2012. Works as safety officer, husband is a chemical engineer. Son is 28. Was on jury 20 years ago in Pa. drug dealing case.
    E40 Prosecution
    E40 Defense

And the alternates:
    E-54, B-72, E-13, E-28

E54 M 60s White
    Married 5 years, 2 stepkids
    Stepson wears hoodies, told him to “be careful, be cautious”. A middle-aged white man with a teenage stepson who wears hoodies. He recalled seeing photos of the injuries to Zimmerman’s head and face. Grew up in Central Fla., 14-year Seminole Co. resident. One stepchild is 16, other in late 20s.
    E54 Prosecution
    E54 Defnse

B72 M 20s Mixed-Race
    Single, no kids
    Arm wrestler, school maintenance technician. A young man who does maintenance at a school and competes in arm-wrestling tournaments. He said he avoids the news because he does not want to be “brainwashed. Arm wrestler, can do “one-armed pull-up.” School maintenance technician, 1 year at current job. 9-year Seminole Co. resident, from Chicago.”
    B72 Prosecution
    B72 Defense

E13 F 20s White
    Single, no kids
    Lives with parents, brother is black. A young white woman who goes to college and works two jobs. She heard the shooting was a “racial thing.” Surgical assistant. Lives with parents, brother is black. 17-year Seminole Co. resident. Owns and rides horses.
    E13 Prosecution
    E13 Defense

E28 F 50s White
    Married 28 years, 2 kids
    Hospital OR worker (someone’s cell phone went off). A middle-aged white woman who works as a nurse. She said she knew little about the case and has no opinion about Zimmerman’s guilt. Husband a teacher. Children are 28 and 33. Member of professional organization, volunteers for Relay for Life.
    E28 Prosecution
    E28 Defense
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojollnir View Post
    Just saw an article on Yahoo news link, referred that 2 jurors were active in "animal rescue programs". This may not work in Zimmermans favor. Nothing against these programs, i have received animals through a few in the past.

We may be looking at " Older White Cat Ladies, that rescue them all, because nothing should ever be killed", types. Now that may apply also to Trayvon having been "Euthanized" in their eyes. Like no one should "EVER" die.
    My mother is an 'older white cat lady' and she believes strongly in self defense and the 2nd amendment. She used to be anti-gun until I turned her around.

Page 1 of 110 123451151101 ... LastLast