Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Belt fed AR pistol

so at shot show 2013 there was a belt fed modification to Ar 15s that can be done to the lower, and there is the sig adapter to the ar pistol. That would make it much easier to handle. Dose anyone else think this would be a cool idea or have any other fun odd pistol ideas?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Belt fed AR pistol

Personally i think an AR belt fed pistol is pointless and stupid..just my opinion defeats the whole purpose of an AR pistol (what little purpose there is)

(Chester County)

its cool i can see the where your coming from. I was looking at it as an sbr in the late future with a bump fire stock as some thing of a tacticool firearm.

Seems like a crap load of extra stuff to hang on a pistol. If you want to go SBR in the future you might as well just jump in and get the paperwork rolling.

(Chester County)

So in the grand schema of things what is practical about an ar pistol. Cause as far as I could tell it was nothing more than a range gun

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Code13 View Post
    So in the grand schema of things what is practical about an ar pistol. Cause as far as I could tell it was nothing more than a range gun
    being able to carry it fully loaded in a vehcile on your person concealed with a LTCF....thsoe are some reasons i have an AR pistol outside of a range toy

Quote Originally Posted by Code13 View Post
    its cool i can see the where your coming from. I was looking at it as an sbr in the late future with a bump fire stock as some thing of a tacticool firearm.
    Bump firing is going to be weight-sensitive, so if you hang a belt off the gun I'd expect some functionality issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    being able to carry it fully loaded in a vehcile on your person concealed with a LTCF....thsoe are some reasons i have an AR pistol outside of a range toy
    You multiply the problems for your defense counsel if you set out on your car ride with an exotic weapon, and have to use it in self-defense. In a clear-cut defensive shooting, that might make no difference, but very few defensive shootings are so clear that an ambitious DA couldn't push it into a trial.

You can use whatever is at hand if your home is invaded, and not much can be made of your choice, because you're just reacting to an unexpected threat. But making the decision to carry an oversized pistol can sway a jury, the same way that Harold Fish's use of 10mm hollowpoints caused idiots on his jury to convict him.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You multiply the problems for your defense counsel if you set out on your car ride with an exotic weapon, and have to use it in self-defense. In a clear-cut defensive shooting, that might make no difference, but very few defensive shootings are so clear that an ambitious DA couldn't push it into a trial.

You can use whatever is at hand if your home is invaded, and not much can be made of your choice, because you're just reacting to an unexpected threat. But making the decision to carry an oversized pistol can sway a jury, the same way that Harold Fish's use of 10mm hollowpoints caused idiots on his jury to convict him.
    That's why more people need to OC AR/AK pistols so that they become less "exotic" in the eyes of the uninformed.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Lets go one step further and nullify the ATF rules for sbrs that way no crap being forced hand over fist. And at the the end of the day the sure fire 60's are not the best and and beta c mags are just as much of a novelty right now. That's why I was wondering about the belt fed and I know it has its own issues.

Here is a better idea what "exotic" would be preferred over the other ak pistol, kriss super v pistol, ect...
    Last edited by Code13; June 28th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Bump firing is going to be weight-sensitive, so if you hang a belt off the gun I'd expect some functionality issues.

Trust me ive ran a bunch of scenerios through my head and these thoughts have crossed my mine, but in the end of the day its still registered as a pistol, and would hope to God any defensive shooting i may find myself in would be clear cut, because for me to use/present a weapon would have to be exteremely justified in my mind before that action took place..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast