Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Recommend me a DA/SA

I had a chance to play with USP9 recently, and I must say, its a pretty nice friggin' gun!

Too much money for my liking tho...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by busa dave View Post
    Own designs...huh? Ground up? What? Looks like a poor copy of a glock slide lock/take down bar to me. Just from the picture i can see that. I down have any of those pistols here to strip and tell you what else they poorly copied. but you get the point. The guy has a $750 budget. don't steer him toward the blue light special.
    by the way i have been actively shooting for 30 years. I attended Glock Armorers class and have received other comprehensive firearms training over the years. to say I don't have a clue is a little far fetched. I don't know everything. but i know junk when i see it.

I never said you were clueless about firearms in general I thought you may not have looked into what taurus has been producing lately and maybe not know much about the design of their recent pistols. Yes their is similarity's between the model I have and Glocks. Their are similarities between almost all of the modern striker fired pistols from various manufactures and glocks, but I would stop short of calling all of them copies. I like the taurus guns that I own and will continue to recomend them. You will always probably dislike them and will continue to not. Since this isn't a Taurus versus anything else thread I'll leave it at that.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dj5481 View Post
    I am in the market for a new pistol and would like to try something new. I only own striker fire pistols and want shake it up a bit by getting a different system. I have shot my buddies Sig but except for that I do not know much about DA\SA pistols. I will be using this gun for target shooting and CC, and would like to stick to a $750 budget so what guns would you guys recommend for my price range. Thanks
    Of the DA/SA guns I have owned in the past and present, the Sig P220 and CZ75 P-07 are top notch, IMO. Also, Hickok45 seems to like it:

You probably won't find the Sig in your price range new, but I bought my Sig used and was quite pleased with it. The CZ has a great trigger and is very accurate, almost stupid-accurate. It is my current cc piece.
    Last edited by Sparxfly72; June 22nd, 2013 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I never said you were clueless about firearms in general I thought you may not have looked into what taurus has been producing lately
    It's no use. This person is an elitist who admits he didn't have one to take down, yet still says he knows junk when he sees it. Great way to contribute to the thread. I'm sure the best female shooter in the World at the moment likes junk since she won the World plate championship in women's division and finished 17th overall...with a Taurus. None of their awards say 'junk of the year', either. This guy still has yet to make a recommendation to the OP. Probably thinks an Ed Brown is junk because it is a copy. I don't see DA/SA, thumb safety, decocker, ambi controls, lower degree grip angle, and an external hammer on a Glock. Great copy.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    the CZ75 P-07 are top notch, IMO.
    I agree that this pistol is exceptional. Maybe the best, overall, of all mentioned. Excellent grip, high sided frame, memory pad for your thumb; the list goes on. If I hadn't already had too many polymers as it was, I'd have bought two of them.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    What the heck! Get the original DA/SA A Smith & Wesson, Colt or Ruger revolver
    Indeed, picked up a S&W model 10 police trade for less than $300 that cosmetically has seen better days, but mechanically sweet. Wife has confiscated it as her own.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Bucks County)

No they are all DOA
    Dead on arrival??? sorry to hear that.

(Erie County)

Dead on arrival??? sorry to hear that.
    lol meant DAO

(Erie County)

Of the DA/SA guns I have owned in the past and present, the Sig P220 and CZ75 P-07 are top notch, IMO. Also, Hickok45 seems to like it:

You probably won't find the Sig in your price range new, but I bought my Sig used and was quite pleased with it. The CZ has a great trigger and is very accurate, almost stupid-accurate. It is my current cc piece.
    From what I have seen I like it however how is it to rack the slide with it being so small??

(Bucks County)

From what I have seen I like it however how is it to rack the slide with it being so small??
    I have large hands, and it's a non-issue for me. But, as with any gun, there may be some getting used to. Add up CZ's reputation, the majority of positive reviews, relatively low price($425-$450) and it is a definite winner.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast