Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: How long does it take to get LTCF in Dauphin county

Quote Originally Posted by titleiiredneck View Post
    FYI they also know you have a ccw/ltcf or whatever when they run your tag or your license. Why do you think they expect you to provide your d/l for a ccw? Pdot has your info"including ss#" cross reference with d/l, attach tag that citizen has ccw. I asked my uncle this who is a detective with pa and he confirmed this just minutes ago.
    Wrong, LTCF is not tied to penn dot like other states.

(Dauphin County)

The Dauphin County Sheriff's website for the LTCF has been updated since I was there last. I guess I'll have to refresh my knowledge on the private criminal complaint process a few weeks before I renew; unfortunately, a few years away.

http://www.dauphincounty.org/governm...a-Firearm.aspx

Nice new strict requirements:
    1. You must be 21 years of age and a Dauphin County resident
    2. The following strictly applies: For new applications you will need 2 forms of ID. A valid Pa Drivers License or Pa State Id card AND another official Id card like a Passport or Military ID OR a document verifying the last 4 digits of your SS#
    For renewal applications you will need your Valid Pa Drivers License or Pa State Id card AND your current License to carry a Firearm, and you may only renew this 2 weeks before your current Permit expires.
    NOTE: Your Pa Drivers License or Id card MUST have your current address on it. If it doesn’t you Must get an update card from Penndot
    3.All non US citizens MUST also bring in a valid Green Card AND documents or bills that provide proof that you lived at you current residence for the past 3 months
    4.The application must be completed in its entirety, including 2 personal non related references
    5.License fees are as follows:
    Application Fee is $6.00 Cash, Certified bank check or Money order
    Permit fee at the time of pickup is $14.00 Cash, Certified bank check or Money order. PLEASE BRING THE EXACT AMOUNT
    6.Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. It takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes when you bring in a completed application
    7.ALL drug and drug related charges and convictions WILL BE DENIED

Quote Originally Posted by titleiiredneck View Post
    As far as the ss requirement, they have your number anyway and just like any form it supposedly speeds up the process
    I'm not debating the possibility of speeding up the check. I'm telling you that Jack Lotwick requires additional information than what is actually needed on the latest LTCF form and that is illegal.
    Last edited by gooseSA40; July 3rd, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    The Dauphin County Sheriff's website for the LTCF has been updated since I was there last. I guess I'll have to refresh my knowledge on the private criminal complaint process a few weeks before I renew; unfortunately, a few years away.

I'm not debating the possibility of speeding up the check. I'm telling you that Jack Lotwick requires additional information than what is actually needed on the latest LTCF form and that is illegal.
    I don't recall those being there when I applied in Dauphin a couple years ago. Please keep the thread posted with how your renewal goes. I'm very disappointed with our sheriff.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lackawanna County)

Understood, I guess with the other ccw apps I have done in the past with more than these requirements such as fingerprints ect, it did not bother me. If it is illegal in the state of pa then this needs to be addressed.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    I don't recall those being there when I applied in Dauphin a couple years ago. Please keep the thread posted with how your renewal goes. I'm very disappointed with our sheriff.
    Showed SS card & dl handed form in today, told me to come back in two weeks with $14 and pick it up.

(Dauphin County)

Congrats. I guess you got to meet one of Jack Lotwick's "finest" deputies.

I'll also guess you gave up your SSN for Jack Lotwick's illegal SSN requirement.
    I brought my passport instead. Don't like giving my SSN to people to photo copy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12