Hello all,

I am pretty new to the "gun business". So far I don't even have a gun.

Plan is to get a (Hand-) gun, do some training and target shooting, maybe later get a rifle and a hunting license.
In the last weeks I tried reading as much as possible about Pennsylvanias gun laws and I talked to some gun dealers.
It seems to me that carrying (without LCF) a gun to a shooting range is legally:

(2) when engaged in target shooting or while going to or from shooters’ places of assembly or target practice, provided the firearm is unloaded and the ammunition is carried in a separate container;

this is easy to understand. However, I heard from some other people that you can only go straight to the shooting range, no stop e.g. at supermarket or at a friends house inbetween, is that correct?

Do the firearm has to be in the trunk of the car and seprated from the ammunition, for e.g. the ammunition under the front seat?

Do the ammunition and/or the gun has to be in a locked container/case? Or is it enough if the gun has a trigger lock on?

I do know that it is easier with a LCF, but I will not be able to get one because of my workload (you have to show up in person) until the beginning of July.

Appreciate any input!

Thanks,
Chris