Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Exclusively 1911's

Anyone out there that shoots and owns 1911's, exclusively. OK...the occasional revolver is acceptable, but the semi has to be " 1911 only". Even your duffel bag, tackle box, center console, barn stall, shed, pool cage, buried money box, etc.; are all 1911's.

I've been torn for months, now, deciding whether or not to get rid of some pistols that took me a long time to find. The bigger problem is I have /had quite a bit of $$$ tied up in them, and no matter how much or little I shoot, now-a-days, I simply never take them out. I don't even mess with them at home, anymore, because I've gotten so accustomed to the 1911, I don't want anything interfering with the operation of it. Been chewing on this awhile and just finally said the heck with it, they are just guns. I might as well hoard the one's I like to shoot and shoot the best.

ETA - I do have a couple revolvers that will be staying, but everyone should have at least one revolver, IMO.
    Last edited by harold63; June 13th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Exclusively 1911's

While I would NEVER go hungry or lose my house or vehicle before selling guns to make payments, I am a firm believer in never selling guns. That being said my opinions work for me and not necessarily for anyone else. I think if you truly like the 1911 style guns and you feel that those other guns are wasting space, time, and money then by all means sell them and make room in your safe for some more 1911's . Obviously there are tons of people who use them for everyday carry and home defense, so you gotta do what's right for you....If you lived closer I might look at what you're selling

(Mercer County)

Hey if you have guns that never get used or enjoyed, why not sell them and put the money toward something that you WILL use and enjoy. And I'd never tell a man not to buy 1911s. That's just not in my blood
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

So.....um....what do you have that you might be selling?

(York County)

I pretty much just shoot and carry 1911s and Glocks. Like them both the same for consistent trigger pulls and reliability. Glocks get carried more though because of their lighter weight.

I do have a few oddball pistols that might get shot once every 5 years or so. Still won't sell them, but any future pistol purchases would be 1911s and Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes_Paulsen View Post
    So.....um....what do you have that you might be selling?
    I still have a few Taurus polymers, an HK USP E .45 (haven't tried too hard to sell this one, but have finally made up my mind to do so), Astra A-200, Astra A-80 9mm, and an EAA Witness EM 9mm (trying to ink a deal with someone on this one, now). Everything else went as soon as I put them up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by paptini View Post
    then by all means sell them and make room in your safe for some more 1911's .
    Heh, heh...I'm trying to be healed of the 'impulse buying' disease I had, dude...not make it worse. Besides, I probably got more 1911's than I really need, anyhow. The Mrs. is still looking at a couple carry 1911's, but that's about it. I'd still love to get my hands on a Kimber SM II, but I'd be in the same boat...having an expensive gun that I never used.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

As much as I like my 1911, I can't say that I would ever just shoot them and nothing else unless I could only get .45 ACP. I like shooting my other guns too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    As much as I like my 1911, I can't say that I would ever just shoot them and nothing else unless I could only get .45 ACP. I like shooting my other guns too.
    That was part of the problem I had with my 'other' guns. I only liked them, and the newness wore off fairly quickly. The 1911 just keeps getting better. It's like a love affair...it really isn't pretty.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I still have a few Taurus polymers, an HK USP E .45 (haven't tried too hard to sell this one, but have finally made up my mind to do so), Astra A-200, Astra A-80 9mm, and an EAA Witness EM 9mm (trying to ink a deal with someone on this one, now). Everything else went as soon as I put them up for sale.
    I have either owned or fired the boldened pistols at some point in the past, and those that I have sent down the road I have not given a second thought. The one HK USP I fired had a really funky trigger pull and I've not had the opportunity or desire to follow-up with another specimen.

Heck, the Astras are copies of SIGs, but are no longer made. Taurus quality is hit-or-miss. IIWM, those handguns would be history wi' a quickness, if swapping for a 1911, but I'm a 1911 guy from the mid-60s when I first fired one.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast