Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Boxer and MSNBC See CA Shooting as Good Thing for Themselves

With an assist by an MSNBC hostess, California Sen. Barbara Boxer once again put the best spin possible on last week’s shooting in Santa Monica that left five victims dead and the gunman killed by police.

Boxer was responding Tuesday to a blatantly leading question about the shooting from interviewer Karen Finney:

“Do you think this may reinvigorate the conversation about gun-safety regulations?”

After an obligatory “our-thoughts-go-out-to-the-families” kind of moment, Boxer told Finney that the shooting would help gun-control advocates in the U.S. because it “gives us wind at our back.”

Finney’s response to Boxer’s response was equally cynical.

“I hope you’re right,” she said.

At least conservatives really are compassionate sometimes.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/06/...n-groups-76389

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Boxer and MSNBC See CA Shooting as Good Thing for Themselves

If it's bad for America it's good for Liberals.....nothing new here.
    It's been that way my entire life, unfortunately they now have power.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

I posted this in another thread, but it fits here. "Why do I get the feeling that right now Harry Reid and Diane Feinstein are on the phone discussing whether or not this is the tragedy they have been hoping for to bring back the tabled gun bill for a new vote so they can further their agenda against honest citizens.

I don't think this is the one they are hoping for."

I really do think that some of the most anti gun reps can't wait for the next big tragedy to push their agenda against honest citizens forward. I also think they want another big one which is a shame.

I hate how "gun control" has suddenly become "gun safety", co-opting a phrase used by gun users for safety related to the mechanical function of a gun.

It smacks of attempted double-think.

(Bucks County)

So, paraphrasing what Boxer and the host said; " a few more shootings like this and we'll be able to finally take their guns". How 50% of the public can't see through these disingenuous idiots amazes me. Boxer and the like don't give a hoot about people that die in these tragedies they only care about politicizing it and getting what THEY want out of it.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post
    I hate how "gun control" has suddenly become "gun safety", co-opting a phrase used by gun users for safety related to the mechanical function of a gun.

It's skillful choice of words in efforts to communicate with the public. We should be at least equally if not more focused on getting our point across to the public--who fights hardest wins, and we can't afford to lose.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander

One blogger at Washington Post has taken to calling 'gun control' 'gun reform.' He's one that would openly cheer for confiscation.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android