Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Sponsor for PMSC membership

I have read great comments regarding Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmen's Club, and would be interested in joining. I've read through the membership procedure on their web site, but being that I work swing shift hours, it is difficult for me to attend a membership meeting in the evening. I contacted their membership dept. and was told I can have another member sponsor me and bring my application, fees, etc. to the meeting, basically representing me at the meeting. If someone out there has been a member for over a year, and would be interested in sponsoring/representing me at an upcoming meeting (July or August), it would be greatly appreciated. I live in the Robinson/Coraopolis area, and I'm interested mainly in pistol shooting. PMSC sounds like a great place that would fit my needs. If interested, please PM me and we can go over any specifics.
    Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sponsor for PMSC membership

If you can make it. There is the PMSC/PAFOA group shoot. Good place to find a sponsor.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...-4-2013-a.html
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    If you can make it. There is the PMSC/PAFOA group shoot. Good place to find a sponsor.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...-4-2013-a.html
    Thanks for the suggestion...not sure I can make it, but will try.

(Westmoreland County)

Adam: It's great you want to join the club, and if you can come to an event, I'm sure someone will be glad to sponsor you. Generally, someone is going to want to get to know you before they sponsor you. Nothing major, just to make sure you understand basic gun safety, etc.

This is not a reflection on you, just on the rule breaches that some of our members have committed (many people have reported being swept on the range, people handling firearms during a ceasefire, etc). One guy on our forum actually had a person approach him and point a loaded revolver at his torso, all because he wanted to show him his gun.

Obviously you can understand why someone would want to get to know you a bit through a meeting or an event before sponsoring you. I went through the same thing last year and ended up attending an NRA course and got my instructor to sponsor me.

Visit our website (http://www.pmsconline.com) for more info on events. PAFOA shoots, skeet shoots, IDPA events are all great places to meet members. We also have a gun bash coming up at the end of July. It would be a good place to have some food and drinks and get to know some members, and maybe even win a gun (I won a .22 revolver at my first PMSC Gun Bash!).

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ifman View Post
    Adam: It's great you want to join the club, and if you can come to an event, I'm sure someone will be glad to sponsor you. Generally, someone is going to want to get to know you before they sponsor you. Nothing major, just to make sure you understand basic gun safety, etc.

This is not a reflection on you, just on the rule breaches that some of our members have committed (many people have reported being swept on the range, people handling firearms during a ceasefire, etc). One guy on our forum actually had a person approach him and point a loaded revolver at his torso, all because he wanted to show him his gun.

Obviously you can understand why someone would want to get to know you a bit through a meeting or an event before sponsoring you. I went through the same thing last year and ended up attending an NRA course and got my instructor to sponsor me.

Visit our website (http://www.pmsconline.com) for more info on events. PAFOA shoots, skeet shoots, IDPA events are all great places to meet members. We also have a gun bash coming up at the end of July. It would be a good place to have some food and drinks and get to know some members, and maybe even win a gun (I won a .22 revolver at my first PMSC Gun Bash!).
    I understand, and fully agree with what you're saying. Sponsoring a total stranger who might have little to no understanding of proper firearm safety/handling is not only a danger to other members, but can also reflect badly on the sponsor.

I appreciate your advice, and will try to get a night off work to attend one of the monthly membership meetings, or try to attend one of the public events. The gun bash sounds like a great idea.

I look forward to becoming a member of PMSC. Sounds like a great place!

Thanks.