Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Teachers and their guns

http://cnnphotos.blogs.cnn.com/2013/...s/?hpt=hp_bn14

I know teachers have been in the news a lot lately because of their anti gun tendencies. (believe me, I get just as frustrated and pissed as anyone else when I read about some jackass going off on a 6 year old because they said the word gun or chewed a pop tart into the shape of a gun)

I stumbled across this CNN photo blog called "Teachers and their Guns" which is exactly what it says...... teachers in Ohio showing off their guns. I am glad to see this. I have had many conversations with students about ranges, guns, calibers etc..... over the years. I have known some teachers who are vehemently anti gun, some who don't care either way, and have gone shooting with others. I have known teachers who have changed from anti to pro gun. The point is not all teachers are antis and some do have common sense when it comes to this issue.

I personally like it when schools that go overboard with their anti gun approach are exposed. The embarrassment and pressure they receive is needed and the public needs to apply pressure to these schools telling them what their job is. But I am glad that CNN put out an article like this. It shows that not all teachers and schools feed into the anti gun bullshit.

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Teachers and their guns

Not only are many teachers locally pro-gun but our high school even sponsors a shooting team. It is an official club/sport of the school.

(Susquehanna County)

It's not just teachers. Some of the most avid hunters, collectors and gun sport competitors I've known have been physicians. GPs, Surgeons, etc.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Washington County)

But if those were pictures of kids, the police would be at their door wanting to see daddy's guns.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

the rifle team at my high school was the most decorated out of any sport. one period/day i shot in the basement of my middle school.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Northampton County)

If you go to my local range on weekends, you will often see a teacher there blasting away. Happens to be my wife

(York County)

I.T. my wife teaches HS chem, and she is very pro 2A with a LTCF. She completely realizes people are the problem, not guns, and gun free zones are dangerous. There are a lot more like her, we just need to get them to speak up.

I noticed you are from Glen Mills! I graduated from GV in the 80's. Although we had more than a few teachers that voted D, shooting and hunting after school were a way of life and the faculty didn't seem to mind. At that time Smithbridge road was all farmland, the school was 7 - 12 grades, and a large class was 130!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I noticed you are from Glen Mills! I graduated from GV in the 80's. Although we had more than a few teachers that voted D, shooting and hunting after school were a way of life and the faculty didn't seem to mind. At that time Smithbridge road was all farmland, the school was 7 - 12 grades, and a large class was 130!
    I am from Upper Darby. Back in the 80's Glen Mills/Garnet Valley seemed like the countryside with Pulsations in it for concerts

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I am from Upper Darby. Back in the 80's Glen Mills/Garnet Valley seemed like the countryside with Pulsations in it for concerts
    Yep, Pulsations was all we had aside from the old horse racing track down 202. And they didn't build that until the mid 80's. Glen Mills / Concordville was a great place to grow up, and there is so much history in that little area that you don't appreciate until you get older. For example, the first continental currency was printed at the old facade still standing at Pole Cat & Ivy Mills Rds!

(Montgomery County)

I am waiting for this news story on CNN

"In other news, and COMPLETELY unrelated, several Ohio teachers were laid off today"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast