Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Crawford County)

Default 2013-14 license??

I tried to buy a hunting license today at Kmart which usually has them and then tried Walmart...no dice.

They said I have to buy it at the county courthouse. I heard on the radio they were available today (Monday June 10th) at over 600 locations...so what gives?

I'd like to buy one online and skip the hassle, but when I go the the PGC website it only lists 2012 and 2013 licenses. I Already have last year (2013 lisc) and don't won't to make the mistake of buying 2013 another online, whch is what it looks like they are still selling.

I'm looking to buy a 2013-14 license, mainly for buck and doe (after I send in the tag of course). When do they go on sale in retail stores and how/where do I buy a 2013-14 license online?

Default Re: 2013-14 license??

Supposed to be available starting June 13th 2013.

(Lancaster County)

Wait a few days. Do it on-line. Very easy.
    An armed society is a polite society

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Supposed to be available starting June 13th 2013.

Ok thanks ^^^

I wonder why they started selling them today at the court houses only then? Like I mentioned the radio was saying they were on sale at over 600 locations accross starting today??? So I figured most sporting retailers would start selling them today going by that info.

The PGC needs to pick ONE day as the start of selling and at ALL locations, instead of this here today, overthere in 3 days, send this in before this date, but not before that date...its unnecessary bullshit IMO.

They need to get more up to date way on the way of buying licenses online that includes doe tags too. BTW their online site sucks and will allow you to buy a "2013" license that will be outdated in 3 days right now....all while putting out info that they start selling today June 10th in the papers and on the radio..............

Quote Originally Posted by Magman View Post
    Ok thanks ^^^

I wonder why they started selling them today at the court houses only then? Like I mentioned the radio was saying they were on sale at over 600 locations accross starting today??? So I figured most sporting retailers would start selling them today going by that info.

The PGC needs to pick ONE day as the start of selling and at ALL locations, instead of this here today, overthere in 3 days, send this in before this date, but not before that date...its unnecessary bullshit IMO.

They need to get more up to date way on the way of buying licenses online that includes doe tags too. BTW their online site sucks and will allow you to buy a "2013" license that will be outdated in 3 days right now....all while putting out info that they start selling today June 10th in the papers and on the radio..............
    Your right !!!! and how about PGC allowing Sunday hunting also !!!!!!!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Your right !!!! and how about PGC allowing Sunday hunting also !!!!!!!!!!
    +1 to the bold above.

Let's get with the modern ages PGC! (add hunting with semi-auto rifles also while we're at it...)
    If gun control worked, Chicago would be like Mayberry, instead of Thunderdome.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ettorment1916 View Post
    +1 to the bold above.

Let's get with the modern ages PGC! (add hunting with semi-auto rifles also while we're at it...)
    The PGC can not institute sunday hunting or semi's without a change in the current law, and that requires legislative change.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.J View Post
    The PGC can not institute sunday hunting or semi's without a change in the current law, and that requires legislative change.
    While your statement is spot-on, the sway and influence that the PGC has regarding wildlife management legislation and direction in the commonwealth is undeniable.

So, I'll re-phrase by adding an additional sentence for you, "Let's get with the modern ages, PGC. Through your influence let's change these archaic laws."
    Last edited by ettorment1916; June 10th, 2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Added second sentence.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ettorment1916 View Post
    While your statement is spot-on, the sway and influence that the PGC has regarding wildlife management legislation and direction in the commonwealth is undeniable.

So, I'll re-phrase by adding an additional sentence for you, "Let's get with the modern times, PGC. Through your influence let's change these archaic laws."
    The PGC doesn't have as much influence with the legislature as you think, Just look at most bills current being floated, they are not PGC friendly.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.J View Post
    The PGC doesn't have as much influence with the legislature as you think, Just look at most bills current being floated, they are not PGC friendly.
    Fair enough and I'll take your comment at face value, but how do the bobble-heads in Harrisburg draft bills in regards hunting & trapping? I wouldn't think it's really their area of expertise.

Who's influencing them greater than the PGC?

What special interest groups are swaying them to introduce new game law or change current game law that is so PGC unfriendly?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast