Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default PA Reps Grove and Regan to host CCW Class in Wellsville...

Grove and Regan to Host Concealed Carry Class

http://www.repgrove.com/NewsItem.aspx?NewsID=17625

6/7/2013

YORK – Reps. Seth Grove (R-Dover) and Mike Regan (R-Dillsburg) will host a concealed carry class for firearms on Saturday, June 22, at 10 a.m.
    “There are a lot of misconceptions about Pennsylvania’s concealed carry laws, and the purpose of this class is to give people the facts,” said Grove. “We will have two very knowledgeable speakers, and there will be an opportunity for participants to ask questions.”

The class will be held at the Lions Community Building, located at 2280 Rosstown Road in Wellsville.

“This is a unique opportunity for citizens to expand their knowledge on the concealed carry laws in Pennsylvania, and to be able ask questions of the experts on the topic,” said Regan. “I encourage your participation.”
    Attorney Matt Menges will discuss concealed carry laws and will touch on the Castle Doctrine. An officer from the Northern York County Regional Police will discuss how to safely interact with the police while exercising the legal right to carry a firearm.

Space is limited, so interested individuals should RSVP as soon as possible by calling Grove’s district office at (717) 767-3947 or Regan’s office at (717) 432-0792.

More information about Grove and his legislative priorities can be found at www.RepGrove.com and www.Facebook.com/RepSethGrove. Regan posts legislative information at www.RepMikeRegan.com and www.Facebook.com/RepMikeRegan.
    Representative Seth Grove
    196th District, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
    Media Contact: Nicole Wamsley, 717.783.8063
    nwamsley@pahousegop.com
    Representative Mike Regan
    92nd Legislative District, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
    Media Contact: Raymond Smith, 717.705.1834
    rsmith@pahousegop.com
    I just called to confirm a seat for myself. The woman I spoke with said she thought the venue maxed-out at 98 people. When I asked how many had signed up so far she said they had just started taking calls this morning (Monday, 6/10) and had not yet checked in with Regan's office, so she had no numbers on attendance yet.

I'm thinking this should be interesting.

I am planning on going OC, with a voice recorder (as long as no one objects) and a current copy of the UFA. Would any of my fellow Yorkians like to join me? I promise to behave.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Default Re: PA Reps Grove and Regan to host CCW Class in Wellsville...

Good luck. I won't go, I might not behave . I do not like my new rep in Regan and I can envision myself getting in a pissing match with him or one of the speakers over their opinion being presented as fact. Hopefully my thoughts are unfounded, but if they say anything stupid or non-factual, please let us know.

(York County)

I signed up today. It will be interesting to know how the police are gonna explain a proper procedure. Knowing damn well every LEO handles a situation with an armed citizen different. I wanna hear their protocol. You know the saying "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer."
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I just called to confirm a seat for myself. The woman I spoke with said she thought the venue maxed-out at 98 people. When I asked how many had signed up so far she said they had just started taking calls this morning (Monday, 6/10) and had not yet checked in with Regan's office, so she had no numbers on attendance yet.

I'm thinking this should be interesting.

I am planning on going OC, with a voice recorder (as long as no one objects) and a current copy of the UFA. Would any of my fellow Yorkians like to join me? I promise to behave.
    Absolutely. I'm in. I don't know if I will OC, just out of preference, but I will carry. Maybe we can all go to a range afterwards and put some lead down a lane.

(York County)

That wasn't half bad.

(York County)

Actually it was only about 10% bad, and I got a correction in for the attorney who said all carry, CC/OC is prohibited in state parks.

Fortunately I came prepared with my own printed copy of the UFA (thank you, Stan Saylor's office) and was able to show him 18 s.6109(m.2) and he agreed that carry was NOT prohibited in state parks. He also found it interesting that the DCNR prohibition was still in place despite the preemption by 6109(m.2).

Given that it was only 2 hour, and they had a lot of ground to try to cover, including questions and answers, it was a nice event. I guess they are going to try to do a 2nd one since they had 60 people who signed up that they could not accommodate with seating limited to 90 or so. They had no idea what the turnout would be until folks started calling in.

(York County)

Yeah I caught that. I was trying to raise my hand and let him know that he was wrong.

Were you the lone soul that was OC?

As soon as he said this was the safest place in York, I turned to the dude that was next to me and said "other than the local doughnut shop". He started laughing.

The old man on the left was killing me. And Mr. I have all the training in the world, was annoying the shit out of me.

Other than that there was a little misinformation, it was a pretty decent deal. A little comic relief from the Chief was good. Though I can bet he is not as friendly as he liked to say he was. Telling store owners to put up signs kind of pissed me off, however it is the stores right and I will just go places that are 2A friendly.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by felly smarts View Post
    Yeah I caught that. I was trying to raise my hand and let him know that he was wrong.

Were you the lone soul that was OC?

As soon as he said this was the safest place in York, I turned to the dude that was next to me and said "other than the local doughnut shop". He started laughing.

The old man on the left was killing me. And Mr. I have all the training in the world, was annoying the shit out of me.

Other than that there was a little misinformation, it was a pretty decent deal. A little comic relief from the Chief was good. Though I can bet he is not as friendly as he liked to say he was. Telling store owners to put up signs kind of pissed me off, however it is the stores right and I will just go places that are 2A friendly.

Yeah, that was me. I started taking notes about the misinformation on OC and pretty soon realized I would need the podium for a half hour to counter it all. Then I remembered it was a CC event and thought fuck it.

The underlying idea of this event is very good and I was concerned that a lot of contention might sour the morning for too many folks. Most of what I would have said would simply by my opinion as counter to their opinion. I was able to correct the attorney on the one fact he had incorrect.

I also agree that the chief seems like a good sort, but that has been my experience with every LEO in the county so I wasn't very surprised. I told Mike and Seth that I thought this was an amazing experience in contrast to the 48 years I spent living in Maryland. I wanted to give them some sense that I appreciated what they were doing.

(York County)

I have to say the same. It was nice that they realize that as a Nation we are more armed than ever and they are dealing with it face to face with the community. I believe I even heard the comment of finding common grounds between LEO and civilians. Though I might have heard that wrong.

The lawyer is riding on bald tires by taking his piece in to MD. He had the rules all wrong. You can't carry your firearm in the glove box. To have any type of Federal protection you must keep the ammo separate from the gun, both in locked hard side cases and stored away from each other, with gun being the furthest away from the driver. Glove boxes and center consoles don't count.