Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Burma Range

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Burma Range

That was my first trip up there in a while. As I stated, there were a few people there when I arrived. Everyone was respectful and safety conscious. If someone had to check a target, they would wait until all were done firing, and announce they were going down range. The only thing I didn't like was all the glass. It appears people shoot a lot of bottles up there. It was everywhere. It's not a place to be wearing soft soled shoes.
    Last edited by 1delta10tango; June 11th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

(Berks County)

And, all this is sancioned and legal or am I asking the stupid...?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Burma Range

The company who owns it got tired of people just shooting randomly all over their properties, so they erected a range. This keeps cleanup to a small area when the time comes and limits their liability too. Or, rather , it would , if such a place existed, which it does not!

(Berks County)

Company who owns the land?

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    The company who owns it got tired of people just shooting randomly all over their properties, so they erected a range. This keeps cleanup to a small area when the time comes and limits their liability too. Or, rather , it would , if such a place existed, which it does not!
    More like they tolerate/turn a blind eye to it in one place. I would hardly say that The Reading Anthracite built or sanctions anything that goes on at the Burma.
    Last edited by johnnyishootstuff; June 11th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Company who owns the land?
    Most of the open land in Schuylkill county is owned by the The Reading Anthracite Company/Rich Family.

(Berks County)

I'm sure they use it all the time ha ha!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyishootstuff View Post
    More like they tolerate/turn a blind eye to it in one place. I would hardly say that The Reading Anthracite built or sanctions anything that goes on at the Burma.
    Oh, I'm positive if you asked them if they built it they'd deny, deny, deny the hell out of it. All kinds of liability to be had in admitting it. But , think it over for a few seconds. If you had folks shooting all over your properties, in every direction, and hauling in trash, glass, explosives, you name it and they have hauled it in there to shoot at, wouldn't it make a buttload of sense to find a good spot, put a few benches up, and walk away and act like you know nothing about it? Seems like a brilliant plan to me. They get everybody to comply with using that one spot, they get rid of all sorts of horrible things that could happen everywhere, AND they get plausible deniability. SHEER GENIUS!

Of course, that would be IF someplace like that actually existed, which it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Oh, I'm positive if you asked them if they built it they'd deny, deny, deny the hell out of it. All kinds of liability to be had in admitting it. But , think it over for a few seconds. If you had folks shooting all over your properties, in every direction, and hauling in trash, glass, explosives, you name it and they have hauled it in there to shoot at, wouldn't it make a buttload of sense to find a good spot, put a few benches up, and walk away and act like you know nothing about it? Seems like a brilliant plan to me. They get everybody to comply with using that one spot, they get rid of all sorts of horrible things that could happen everywhere, AND they get plausible deniability. SHEER GENIUS!

Of course, that would be IF someplace like that actually existed, which it doesn't.
    If you ask the old timers that are always there, they'll tell you about shooting there since the 50's. The benches are maintained by by the old timers that hang out there during the day. They're also the same ones that keep the place somewhat clean and burn the trash that gets dumped there.

Reading anthracite has an active security group that patrols the land, the best they can, and checks for ATV riders and others who don't have a use permit. When I asked them about shooting at the Burma, while shooting at the burma, their answer was interesting. They said "no one is allowed on the land without a use permit", then said to have fun shooting and left. Now, if you're caught shooting on the other side of the road or under the power line you'll have a much different conversation with them.

Saftey lol i saw someone shoot a hole in their hand there. Then go into st clair and wreck their vehicle because they wanted to drive themself to the hospital.

I have seen way to many rule infringements there ppl with misfires waving it around looking down barrel..

Really suprised their are not more incidents there...
    I'm out of witty one liners.....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast