Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Sportsman's Guide came through

I know some people have had issues with Sportsman's Guide in the past or they have been the subject of jokes for some of the items they carry or the descriptions they use but I was able to get a lot of ammo and other supplies from them before the panic at good prices with the club membership and coupons.

Back in November I placed an order for 1000 rds of Wolf .223 just to have an extra case and because it was a good price. It was on backorder and I was fine with that. Every couple of months they sent me an email asking me if I still wanted to keep in on backorder. I told them I did. Last week I finally got a shipping notice and a few days later the case arrived. Another thing I like about them is that they only charge after they ship so I only just got charged for the case. Oh, and if I told you what I paid for it after club price and coupons it'd make you sick, especially with the way prices are now.

So I give the Sportsman's Guide credit for not only fulfilling a long time backordered order but for honoring the original, low price. So you really want to know how much? Let's just say the first digit is a 1.

Default Re: Sportsman's Guide came through

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    I know some people have had issues with Sportsman's Guide in the past or they have been the subject of jokes for some of the items they carry or the descriptions they use but I was able to get a lot of ammo and other supplies from them before the panic at good prices with the club membership and coupons.

Back in November I placed an order for 1000 rds of Wolf .223 just to have an extra case and because it was a good price. It was on backorder and I was fine with that. Every couple of months they sent me an email asking me if I still wanted to keep in on backorder. I told them I did. Last week I finally got a shipping notice and a few days later the case arrived. Another thing I like about them is that they only charge after they ship so I only just got charged for the case. Oh, and if I told you what I paid for it after club price and coupons it'd make you sick, especially with the way prices are now.

So I give the Sportsman's Guide credit for not only fulfilling a long time backordered order but for honoring the original, low price. So you really want to know how much? Let's just say the first digit is a 1.
    I too just had a backorder come in. But, it was for Wolf 115gr 9mm (1,000 rounds). I ordered it back in December. I paid $164.99. Start puking people cause I don't think we're gonna see these prices for another few months. I'm set for summer.

(Lancaster County)

I have a half case of Blazer .22LR that is scheduled to ship tomorrow. Hope thet come thru. I ordered them in early January.

(Butler County)

I just got my Dec. back order or 820rds of PMC .223 in an ammo can the other day for the original $303 price. I'm happy with them.

(Berks County)

Yes, you may wait a few weeks for backorder ammo but, again, they dont charge until they ship and they have always come through for me. I got a case of PMC xtac m193 delivered in Feb for less than $300 (ordered Nov 2012). GTG

(Dauphin County)

I've never had an issue with Sportsman's Guide. Some of their items are questionable, but for some of my guns they are the cheapest place I've found Corbon ammo. I think Bud's is far more questionable than Sportsman's Guide as far as a company, ethics, pricing, delivery, etc. I've done business with both but I have nothing bad to say about SG.