I would of said a Krag Jorgenson a month ago. My Uncle rents houses and one of the tenants left a rifle and revolver. He cut the revolver into three pieces and trashed it [after some questions I determined it was an H&R Sportsman and promptly cried].

The rifle was an Remington Nylon 66. I believe it is the Apache Black model. Anyway it was down in the basement for years. I guess the tenant [A lady from Florida] put it there and forgot about it. Anyway it was very rusty. So much so when you would pull the bolt back it wouldn't go forward on it's on. I took it home and cleaned it and it functions fine now, but man was it a pain.

I've been tinkering with guns since I was 18 and this is by far the most pain in the ass gun I ever worked on. I mean when they designed this they had to stop a few times and say "Wait, there has to be a way to make this more complicated". It took three to four hours for me to reassemble it. I'll take a Colt apart again before I work on another Nylon 66.

I did tell my Uncle not to do anything more then wipe it down. If any rust develops on the inside to bring it back.

So what's the hardest gun you ever took apart?