Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Ruger 10/22 take down

Anybody have a 10/22 take down? I was fortunate enough to a Ruger 10/22 SS take down as a gift from my children. I ordered a cheap tasco 3x9x40 scope and mounts for it. Once the scope was mounted I realized that it would no longer fit in the fancy case that came with it. The scope extended past the receiver, so that was the end of the case.

The other day I was finally able to take it to the range to sight it in. As I made the adjustments to bring the POI to the center I noticed that the groups were in the 4 to 5 inch range at 25 yds. I’m no great shot, but I know I can do better than that. I had a friend try it, with the same results.

I finally removed the barrel and tightened the jam nut as tight as I could make it and still be able to reassemble the rifle. That was the problem. I was able to finish sighting it in. I was quite worried for a while but now I’m looking forward to some fun with a handy little rifle.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Ruger 10/22 take down

When you assemble the rifle, be sure to work the bolt a few times like the manual says, it does seem to help "seat" the barrel.

I found the same problem with the scope not allowing it to fit in the case, I'm on the hunt for a compact AR type that will not extend past the front of the receiver.
    For now I have a cheap red dot on it that I got as a gift, it works well enough for now.
    I haven't shot paper yet, just plates, but at 25 yds I can plink the 4" ones all day with the cheap dot site.

If you want to look for some goodies, http://www.kiddinnovativedesign.com is some quality stuff at good prices and they ship quickly.

(Perry County)

Bought a used one. Shoots great. Return to zero on reassembly is excellent. I installed a set of Tech Sites on it, planning on attending an Appleseed event with this setup.
    Molon Labe

(Wayne County)

I installed a simple $44 Simmons Truplex scope. Fits perfect.

(Dauphin County)

I actually just picked one up from the Harrisburg gun show this past Sunday. I've only put about 300 rounds so far, but the gun has been flawless. I threw tasco on it, zeroed it in, and got groups of about 1 inch at 30 yards. Great little gun. I've been wanting an ar-7, and also a 10/22, this fit the bill for both of them. Like I said, I don't have too much experience, but I am excited about this gun. I've broken it apart a few times and put it back together, just to check the zero and it hasn't changed in the slightest. Have fun with it!