Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosin Nagant's

(Lebanon County)

Default Mosin Nagant's

I stopped in at the Cabela's in Hamburg this evening to look around and saw that they had a rack full of around 40 Mosin's. All of them were priced at $169.95. I am not interested in any, but I wanted to pass the info along.
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

(York County)

Default Re: Mosin Nagant's

I saw them yesterday. They are Molot marked, pretty bad condition, a lot of handling marks and some have rust from poor storage. No bayonet, sling, accessories or even a cardboard box. At $170 they are way over priced. These are $100 rifles.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post
    I saw them yesterday. They are Molot marked, pretty bad condition, a lot of handling marks and some have rust from poor storage. No bayonet, sling, accessories or even a cardboard box. At $170 they are way over priced. These are $100 rifles.
    Well it was Cabela's...
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

(Lehigh County)

I didn't bother with the whole lot, but there were some ex-snipers in the batch. And quite a few Tula's most of them from 1938.

$169 price tag had me chuckling. We'll see if they sit awhile or people just gobble them up.

(Berks County)

That may be the new norm.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Tioga County)

The supply of Mosin's is finite and the price is going up. Yes many were made, but most ended up in other places around the world or just used up and destroyed. Unless the Russians find another cave with them stacked up, it will all be over at some point and then down the secondary market.

I remember 20 years ago when Mausers, Lee Enfields, M1s, M1903s were easily $150 or less and you had no problem getting them or the ammo dirt cheap. I wish I could go back in time.

(York County)

These are old imports, they have been sitting since before 2000. They have the older small import banner and the older Molot mark.

I wonder if they were recently found or have been tied up in customs.

I went through the whole rack and did not see any ex snipers, No scope numbers or C H on the Tulas. Bolts were ziptied closed so could not inspect inside for plugs.
    I still would have passed. Nothing there worth the money.

They did have a "sniper" but it was a fake/assembled sniper. It too was in poor condition.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    That may be the new norm.
    You are correct and the prices on the Nagants could be going even higher. Several of my distributors/importers told me the Russians and Ukrainians jacked the price up on them. That along with the increased cost of shipping and transport is raising the cost/price on our end as retailers and your end as customers.

The 7.62x54r ammunition just took a 17% jump in cost. So far.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    The supply of Mosin's is finite and the price is going up. Yes many were made, but most ended up in other places around the world or just used up and destroyed. Unless the Russians find another cave with them stacked up, it will all be over at some point and then down the secondary market.

I remember 20 years ago when Mausers, Lee Enfields, M1s, M1903s were easily $150 or less and you had no problem getting them or the ammo dirt cheap. I wish I could go back in time.
    I remember, years ago, going into a Woolworth's in Harford county Maryland and seeing M1's brought back from Korea stacked up for $100 each.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    I remember, years ago, going into a Woolworth's in Harford county Maryland and seeing M1's brought back from Korea stacked up for $100 each.
    20 years ago when I was in JROTC and actively competing in shooting sports, they had a program where we could buy a M1 from DCM for $150. I figured these rifles would always be around dirt cheap. Wrong.

One has to imagine the Russians are probably tired of storing all this crap from WW2 and before and they want it gone or tossed(as they recently did at Izhmash with a couple of million guns), so I suspect the Mosin run is going to end at some point soon and then it will be the secondary market. I'd say all the WW2 era surplus has probably all been found and sold on in almost all cases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast