Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default CeasefirePA - in their own words

Copied directly from the Issues tab on the CeasefirePA web site

CeaseFirePA is working in communities across Pennsylvania to build support from the ground up for reforms to reduce gun violence. The fact is, almost every gun crime is committed by somebody using an illegal gun. There are two issues to address: Why do people who are not allowed to have guns want them? And how do people who are not allowed to purchase guns get them so easily?
    Reducing illegal access to firearms is a law enforcement issue. It has been more than ten years since our state legislature has seriously considered action to assist police in their mission to crack down on gun violence and the proliferation of illegal guns in our communities. In Washington it seems like Congress either ignores the issue entirely or makes things worse. In those ten years, more than 10,000 people have been killed with a gun in Pennsylvania. It is time for action.
    Lets look at parts of this

Why do people who are not allowed to have guns want them? And how do people who are not allowed to purchase guns get them so easily?
    Bad people want guns to do bad things, is this question really necessary? How do they get them - theft, straw purchases and other ways that are already illegal.

Reducing illegal access to firearms is a law enforcement issue.
    Well what do you know, we agree on something. It is a LAW ENFORCEMENT ISSUE, not an issue where more laws need to be created.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: CeasefirePA - in their own words

Notice something they speak of: directly engaging the public. Not talking to us, not talking to politicians, but talking to the people who really matter. Are we doing the same?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Notice something they speak of: directly engaging the public. Not talking to us, not talking to politicians, but talking to the people who really matter. Are we doing the same?
    An excellent point I never picked up on.

(Centre County)

The way we win this war is by dropping larger politics and embracing anyone from any walk of life of any race, creed, gender, orientation, social status, income bracket, economic philosophy, etc, who is for individual rights so long as they don't stop short of RKBA. I've found that you don't even need to like or understand a person's way of life to find common ground on issues relating to the individual freedom to be left alone by know-it-alls. It just takes a willingness to openly engage with them.

If you know anyone who isn't into guns or is afraid of them, take them to the range, teach them basic safety, show them how to shoot, let them shoot your ammo. Get them into something that is instantly fun like metallic silhouette or plate shooting with .22 lr. Help them pick out their first gun. Repeat.

(Delaware County)

+1 to Don's comments above.

As far as ceasefirepa, I take that with a grain of salt. They are saying one thing, but I truly believe their ultimate goal is to disarm us. There is no middle ground with these liberal zealots.
    (Member NRA & GOA)

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by donstrom View Post
    +1 to Don's comments above.

As far as ceasefirepa, I take that with a grain of salt. They are saying one thing, but I truly believe their ultimate goal is to disarm us. There is no middle ground with these liberal zealots.
    I'm inclined to agree - which would make the comments on their website even more hypocritical

(Philadelphia County)

Ceasefire has been plastering the 'hood with wheatpaste posters that read "Stop Shooting People." I'm SURE the bad guys will heed those posters just as well as they do the hundreds of firearms laws on the books. Ceasefire is incredibly naive.

(Berks County)

I'm all for taking illegal guns out of the hands of criminals. Who isn't besides criminals?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    I'm all for taking illegal guns out of the hands of criminals. Who isn't besides criminals?
    There are no illegal guns.

And criminals should have their breath taken away. I do not support the government infringing the right to keep and bear arms.

(Berks County)

Rephrase, sorry. I'm all for guns being taken from criminals.

That is the jist of it.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast