Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default IDPA Weekend @ Liberty Match and Easton Fish and Game : 26-27Oct2013

Great weekend of shooting.

First match was the IDPA Sanctioned Liberty Match at Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club followed up by a local match at Easton Fish & Game

I didnt think I did too well at Liberty but walked away with a 5th place in SSP EX (21 out of 164 overall) and then at Easton I took first in ESP EX (even though I am classified as SS) and 3rd overall out of 27

Default Re: IDPA Weekend @ Liberty Match and Easton Fish and Game : 26-27Oct2013

Great Video
    I missed out on the Liberty Match this year but was @ Easton on Sunday.
    I was in Dan's squad and we were told we had to shoot the runner first before the Statics as the threat does not disappear and the near to far rules still apply. I was able to get 3 on the runner before it stopped!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: IDPA Weekend @ Liberty Match and Easton Fish and Game : 26-27Oct2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Whiskey View Post
    Great Video
    I missed out on the Liberty Match this year but was @ Easton on Sunday.
    I was in Dan's squad and we were told we had to shoot the runner first before the Statics as the threat does not disappear and the near to far rules still apply. I was able to get 3 on the runner before it stopped!
    Ah I love different rules for each squad. Being with Ken and asking him directly I wasnt going to question. Same with the reload out in the open.

Once we were done we started to have fun with those last 2 stages ... like how many shots on the mover till it stopped -- I managed 5 shots, 4 on paper, all 0's. Then for that single target at a distance, I did a weak hand only single shot - center of the head!

I would have loved to have a few goes at the runner, other than the one that I had on the clock.
    Question I have is if the target does not disappear, so you can receive an FTN, and said target falls under the near to far rule(tactical Priority) , How can you shoot at the further away targets without first engaging the closest threat with the minimum prescribed rounds before re-engaging the 1st threat?
    I do not doubt that your squad was allowed to run the CoF in the manner you posted, I would just like to understand the logic/rules that do not make sense to me.
    It was a great shot and the attacking runner was great as that is a drill everyone who carries should practice under pressure.

(Northampton County)

The only thing I can think of is starting position of the runner was within 2 yds of the statics making them equal threats

II,
    I just watched your stage ,again, where you shoot at the attacking runner. When you reloaded you took more than a "basketball pivot", you took more than a step. I was awarded a P because , when I did a reload a took a half step! I was informed this is in the new rule book as of Oct..
    I do not understand why your squad ran under different rules then we were required .
    I am very disappointed in how the new and/or old rules are being enforced at the squad level.
    No problem with you but this is not good when things are so subjective when it comes to IDPA.
    On the other hand I like IDPA, but it is only a game, and I would never do some of the "get yourself killed things" that seem to be prevalent at many matches.
    Thanks for the Vids and I will try and meet you in person at a future match,
    BW

(Northampton County)

Yep we were told reload as you wish since we were in the open and not behind cover and no cover available.

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
    The only thing I can think of is starting position of the runner was within 2 yds of the statics making them equal threats
    That is most likely the reason as considered from the starting point , but I call BS on the nature of the sport because if someone is running at you and is deemed a threat , you eliminate that threat before engaging targets 12 yards away! More so when the attacking target ends up with in three feet of your base of fire and 80% of all the shooters could not even manage one shot on said target the first time around .