Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Military vs. Self defense training

I have a teenager, a 22 year old and his girlfriend who live with me. I must know it is warranted before I pull the trigger.

(Monroe County)

While I don't have any paranoia about folks breaking into my house I do have a particular skill set that took over three decades to develope. Since I am not in jail, not asking for money for a lawyer and have no fresh dirt piles on my land I think it's safe to say I don't ustaseray and pray methodology. What I do see is a disturbing trend with drunks, young men slipping into girls rooms and mistaken home ID's.
    I have four dogs that won't let anyone step foot on my property with out letting us know. Anyone that knows me, family or friends would never just walk into our home without calling or ringing the bell. I don't jump out of bed in condition red to shoot the red cross lady who walks up the driveway. I have taught my family never to approach a sound downstairs. I taught them to use natural choke points in the home. I don't use weapon mounted lights, but more power to you if you want them. I don't stand in the middle of a room, hallway or near windows/ doors. I do what I was trained to do. I fully understand what PID is and it is automatic for me.
    I really want to know why it's normal for folks to walk into or crawl through windows when they are drunk. I have gotten polluted in my life and never broke into anyone's home. If folks are doing that they have bigger problems and will self correct one day and hopefully won't take someone else's life because of their poor self control.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    I have a teenager, a 22 year old and his girlfriend who live with me. I must know it is warranted before I pull the trigger.
    Hey, that's great you know who is supposed to be in your home. I know who belongs here. Anyone kicking in my front door or breaking in through a window doesn't belong and once in they roll the dice.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I don't ustaseray and pray methodology.
    Is that Swedish? Oh Bjorn, do you have the ustaseray?

I really want to know why it's normal for folks to walk into or crawl through windows when they are drunk.
    Sovabeech, my key don't work. I don't want to wake up my wife 'cause she'll be pissed off. . . hey, that window is open!

(Cambria County)

I guess being drunk removes all personal responsibility.
    Well, actually... It can be used as a defense. Being drunk shows that you "lack" personal responsibility. The reason Drunk Drivers aren't charged like a regular accident. And it is sad to say, but in a trail by 12, if you shoot some drunk who walks in, bust in, or climbs in a window, you will look like the crazy gun guy that shot the poor drunk dude.

And since they are copying all our e-mails and following us on the internet. They will refer to this thread at the trail to show that you were told that not having a light on your rifle to identify your target could lead to you shooting some poor sap. Damn NSA.
    Last edited by Mtbkski; June 15th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

While I don't have any paranoia about folks breaking into my house I do have a particular skill set that took over three decades to develope. Since I am not in jail, not asking for money for a lawyer and have no fresh dirt piles on my land I think it's safe to say I don't ustaseray and pray methodology. What I do see is a disturbing trend with drunks, young men slipping into girls rooms and mistaken home ID's.
    I have four dogs that won't let anyone step foot on my property with out letting us know. Anyone that knows me, family or friends would never just walk into our home without calling or ringing the bell. I don't jump out of bed in condition red to shoot the red cross lady who walks up the driveway. I have taught my family never to approach a sound downstairs. I taught them to use natural choke points in the home. I don't use weapon mounted lights, but more power to you if you want them. I don't stand in the middle of a room, hallway or near windows/ doors. I do what I was trained to do. I fully understand what PID is and it is automatic for me.
    I really want to know why it's normal for folks to walk into or crawl through windows when they are drunk. I have gotten polluted in my life and never broke into anyone's home. If folks are doing that they have bigger problems and will self correct one day and hopefully won't take someone else's life because of their poor self control.
    Scary.

So your not concerned about properly identifying a person your about to use lethal force on...... but you are concerned your light will draw fire....

(Cumberland County)

Talk him down from what, kicking in my front door, breaking a window to get in what?
    How many people would seriously want to rob you? If anything the smart ones are going to bust in while you are away and steal everything then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    How many people would seriously want to rob you? If anything the smart ones are going to bust in while you are away and steal everything then.
    If anyone burgles my house, they'll look around and say, "Damn, this guy's shit is crap. Let's go next door and get him some better stuff."

BTW, there is a difference between burglary and robbery. Burglars usually don't rob anyone.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    If anyone burgles my house, they'll look around and say, "Damn, this guy's shit is crap. Let's go next door and get him some better stuff."

BTW, there is a difference between burglary and robbery. Burglars usually don't rob anyone.
    If anyone is busting in your house to kill you at night 9 times out of 10 you know them. If not they are in there for any valuables they can find which includes guns, jewelry, electronics, and prescription drugs. If you are an old dude loaded with drugs crazy drugged up kids would be interested in "checking out" your medicine cabinet.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast