Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Cirque Du Soleil (Camden, NJ) Security?

I bought tickets to attend the show that's in Camden, NJ. I obviously can't carry a gun there, but I'm hoping some of you that have been there could tell me if they wand people, or have metal detectors at all?

Thanks!
    www.PHLster.com - Concealment holsters made in the City of Brotherly Love.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Cirque Du Soleil (Camden, NJ) Security?

Quote Originally Posted by PHLster Holsters View Post
    I bought tickets to attend the show that's in Camden, NJ. I obviously can't carry a gun there, but I'm hoping some of you that have been there could tell me if they wand people, or have metal detectors at all?

Thanks!
    Sooooooo you want to know if you can travel to the PRNJ with a weapon from PA? I had all sorts of smart remarks but I am tired. Don't do it, don't think about it, delete this thread change you name, move. Unless you want to be a semi- permanent guest go the NJ corrections system then don't do it.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Sooooooo you want to know if you can travel to the PRNJ with a weapon from PA? I had all sorts of smart remarks but I am tired. Don't do it, don't think about it, delete this thread change you name, move. Unless you want to be a semi- permanent guest go the NJ corrections system then don't do it.
    No. I was asking about the security for the show.
    www.PHLster.com - Concealment holsters made in the City of Brotherly Love.

(Monroe County)

No. I was asking about the security for the show.
    I apologize am am tired I will now go and punch myself on a side note I will never set foot in Camden again, I felt safer overseas.

(Chester County)

Can't answer about the security procedures but thought you might want to consider this NJ exemption for an alternative:

NJS 2C:39-6i. Nothing in N.J.S.2C:39-5 shall be construed to prevent any person who is 18 years of age or older and who has not been convicted of a felony, from possession for the purpose of personal self-defense of one pocket-sized device which contains and releases not more than three-quarters of an ounce of chemical substance not ordinarily capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury, but rather, is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air.
    IANAL

(Monroe County)

Have you walked through Camden at night? Anything short of final protective fire and artillery support and you won't make it home. Most of the attractions in Camden are what most would call bait for targets. Ambush tactics are taught locally in schools.

(Philadelphia County)

Have you walked through Camden at night? Anything short of final protective fire and artillery support and you won't make it home. Most of the attractions in Camden are what most would call bait for targets. Ambush tactics are taught locally in schools.

The parking lots for the circus are 6 blocks from the bridge. The circus is 2-300 yards from the lots.

Live dangerously.

(Montgomery County)

hop on the ferry at penns landing alot less grief. runs until 1hour after show.
    pat down and wanded at the entrance. heavy police presence

I know a few of the Port Authority cops. They have a lot of chases on the bridge where the fleeing drivers intentionally head into Camden. The locals know the Port Authority cops will break off the chase because even they don't head downtown.

When this was first advertised, I believe AD poster said "Philadelphia, PA".. so actually went to website and ALMOST purchased the ticket until I saw "Camden, NJ".

Only place in Camden I would ever visit would be Aquarium and that's only because of kids... and it's situated in "somewhat" safe area. Would never ever go there otherwise, especially at hours this Circus is on.. Hell to the NO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast