Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Pocono Pistol Range

Anyone ever been?
    How is it?

Ive never shot at any indoor range before.. but figured this could be a good way to go do that and meet some people at the same time.. if you bring all your own gear and ammo what are charges like? do they charge alot to rent other firearms? is it a members thing or just go whenever membership free? or both? do they have a shop as well attached?? or strictly a shooting range?

thanks for any and all feedback.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Pocono Pistol Range

It's automated and very clean and well lit. You can pay by the hour or get a membership. It's a little pricey but I can't imagine the cost to run such a thing and it's convenient since you don't have to deal with bad weather. They have some policies I don't agree with but there's not much else in the area and I don't have my own range.

(Monroe County)

good to hear.. I would assume a lot of places have some strict policy that may not all agree with, but I guess they rather be safe than sorry... as long as its not stupid strict.. maybe ill bump into ya one of these days down there..
    I know Factoryville gun club is very expensive.. they make you join the NRA.. not that theres anything against that but shouldnt MAKE people join.. and they also are unbeilievable strict.. hold firearms above head at all times and whatnot.. also only members allowed.

does pocono pistol have a shop attached to it?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
    good to hear.. I would assume a lot of places have some strict policy that may not all agree with, but I guess they rather be safe than sorry... as long as its not stupid strict.. maybe ill bump into ya one of these days down there..
    I know Factoryville gun club is very expensive.. they make you join the NRA.. not that theres anything against that but shouldnt MAKE people join.. and they also are unbeilievable strict.. hold firearms above head at all times and whatnot.. also only members allowed.

They do sell ammunition , gun cleaning supplies, etc. They are owned by Dunkleberger's on Main Ave. Their main store is a full on gun store. They have just about everything.

(Pike County)

They're excellent, I use them a lot in the winter when I don't want to drive to Easton. I originally had membership with them (My company gets the discounted $150/year membership) but I let it lapse. Now I just go there, pay $15 and shoot for an hour. The people there are very friendly and helpful too. The only mark against them is the control panels for the target holders are getting a bit beat up and they're replacing them with toggle switches, originally it was a pad with 5 pre-set positions (Between 5-50 feet) and it would automatically take it to that position. It's not really a big deal but something I noticed.

I say try them out, you have to pay like $50 for the class first time you go but afterwards they will let you in for just $15/hour. They also sell ammo for decent prices, have other safes/accessories and a on sight gunsmith.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Monroe County)

that all sounds pretty good to me.
    would be good to have a nice indoor range for when the weather is bad/witner time.

looking forward to checking them out soon.

(Pike County)

Yeah they're one of the better places to shoot in this area, especially since we have nearly no where to shoot. Its either PPC, Sunset Hill which can really suck for a few reasons, Matamoras Rod and Gun which is amazing but you need to spend big money to be a member or drive down to Easton Fish and Game which is a great range but a good 60-65 miles away.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post

As long as you don't consider writing down your name, address, phone number and DL# in a book that's left out for all to see stupid strict you should be just fine. Even pharmacies have switched to electronic signatures because leaving out the signature book is against privacy laws.

(Carbon County)

I use it in the winter, they don't even bother me when I go in. I still have like 12 free passes I will save for next year.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post

I say try them out, you have to pay like $50 for the class first time you go but afterwards they will let you in for just $15/hour.

Their 5 min safety video and quiz cost 10$.
    From their website:
    Intro to the Pocono Pistol Range-
    First time users of the Pocono Pistol Range must take a basic safety course (approx. 15 minutes). Active or retired law enforcement personnel are excluded upon proof of service.
    Cost: $9.95

On that note, Been there a few times with some friends. If you forget targets or ammo they got your covered. You must wear ear and eye protection while in the range. No speed fire and no drawing from your holster. All the staff I met remembered me by name on subsequent visits and are more than helpful.

If you buy a firearm (pistols only I think) from Dunkelburgers store you get an hour of Free range time. They are good forever. I cashed one in 3 years after the fact and they guy had no issue. Only think I paid for was the little safety video.

If you are looking to go anytime in the near future send me a pm or something I am always down for some range time.
    Last edited by sikencide; June 16th, 2013 at 11:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast