Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Pocono Pistol Range

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.. but if I do not have a CCW permit.. or a hunting or range lisence.. I can still go shoot at PPR, yes? the SGL ranges are the only ones you need the hunting or range lisence to shoot at, yes?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.. but if I do not have a CCW permit.. or a hunting or range lisence.. I can still go shoot at PPR, yes? the SGL ranges are the only ones you need the hunting or range lisence to shoot at, yes?
    You don't need an LTCF or any type of permit to shoot at the Pocono Pistol Club.
    There are always New Jersey plates in the parking lot when I'm there, they obviously don't have a CCW. You are good to go.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by sikencide View Post
    Their 5 min safety video and quiz cost 10$.
    From their website:
    Intro to the Pocono Pistol Range-
    First time users of the Pocono Pistol Range must take a basic safety course (approx. 15 minutes). Active or retired law enforcement personnel are excluded upon proof of service.
    Cost: $9.95

On that note, Been there a few times with some friends. If you forget targets or ammo they got your covered. You must wear ear and eye protection while in the range. No speed fire and no drawing from your holster. All the staff I met remembered me by name on subsequent visits and are more than helpful.

If you buy a firearm (pistols only I think) from Dunkelburgers store you get an hour of Free range time. They are good forever. I cashed one in 3 years after the fact and they guy had no issue. Only think I paid for was the little safety video.

If you are looking to go anytime in the near future send me a pm or something I am always down for some range time.
    My bad, I must have confused them with another range. It has been awhile since I took the class. Good write up on the rest though.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Monroe County)

They have a real nice group of guys working at the Pocono Pistol Club, very helpful if you need anything.

A real nice place to shoot, especially when the weathers outside is bad. Some people complain about the video, but it's a one time thing that keeps their insurance company happy.

(Pike County)

If you buy a firearm (hand Gun Caliber) from Dunkelbergers they give you 1 hour free at the range.

I still have like 6hrs I never used.

I been dealing with Dunkelbergers for years. I really like there service. I used the same Gunsmith/Salesman there for years and got to know him, we went shooting together. Great Customer Service!
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDon16 View Post
    If you buy a firearm (hand Gun Caliber) from Dunkelbergers they give you 1 hour free at the range.

I still have like 6hrs I never used.

I been dealing with Dunkelbergers for years. I really like there service. I used the same Gunsmith/Salesman there for years and got to know him, we went shooting together. Great Customer Service!
    I never been to them, they're in Stroudsburg right? Are the prices competitive?
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Pike County)

I think so. Prices are pretty good.

Plus if you ever have a problem with a gun you bought from them they fix it free of charge. Good guys down there too. Sell everything too from guns, to knives, clothes, fishing, camping, boots.....

There in Stroudsburg on Main Street.

(Pike County)

I think so. Prices are pretty good.

Plus if you ever have a problem with a gun you bought from them they fix it free of charge. Good guys down there too. Sell everything too from guns, to knives, clothes, fishing, camping, boots.....

There in Stroudsburg on Main Street.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I never been to them, they're in Stroudsburg right? Are the prices competitive?

They are excellent there, very helpful, informative, they really take their time with you. The only thing I find really bad is trading in or selling a firearm....I mean pennies on the dollar. Buy, but sell privately.

(Monroe County)

I was at Pocono Shooting Range 2 weeks ago with a member and it was great. Clean, professional and good clientele. I am going back this weekend and joining the 6 month membership with unlimited shooting in one hour intervals.
    $189. Perfect for the fall and winter months. There is a nice lounge area upstairs to take a break and chat with new friends. 25% discount on range time if you are a member and 10% off ammo and 25% off classes. My GF wants to get into shooting and this is a perfect starter place without dealing with the crap at the SGL (on the weekends)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12