Hi everyone...
I've been trying to get my CCW permit for about a year now in Monroe County.. and could use some help.
I'm a 25yr old male and have been a fulltime resident of the county since August of 2011 in the Pocono Pines area. I have never once had any run in with the law.. the most was maybe being pulled over for speeding once or twice in my entire life. I'm trying to comply with the requirements of Sheriff Martin, but I just can't meet his 2 IN county full time resident references..everything else is all good excpet for the need of one more reference... all I want is to be a law abiding firearm owner! .. I own multiple firearms.. but with no carry permit and it drives me nuts to not be able to say, "yes, I abide by all state regulations and I have my conceal carry permit" and also be restricted in how I have to handle my firearm.. (truth be told, I wouldnt even be carrying often.. but the permit makes a gun owners life much easier) and I'd like to have one to comply with all regulations.

The problem is.. I only know of my brother in law's family in Monroe.. they can be my one reference, but I dont know any others IN monroe county..everyone I know is from outside of Monroe County.. I rarely ever spend time in Monroe county. I work in Lackawanna. I spend most of my time in Lackawanna county and I shoot in Lackawanna. I have references for days in Lackawanna county, a few in Wayne, and a handful in Wyoming. A couple are even LEOs.. but Sheriff Martin will NOT budge on this second reference not being a full time monroe county resident...

So I thought, hey..maybe I can go up to Tobyhanna SGL and meet someone that would be willing to let me put thier name down.. but no, you need a range permit to even use the range there.. you don't where I shoot in Lackawanna... I've asked everyone I can think of, even people who I work with if they live in or know of anyone in Monroe county willing to let me use them as a reference but of course..no go..
I'm at a complete loss as to what to do at this point.. any advice or a friendly gesture to help a (trying to be) law abiding firearm owner, would be really appreciated.. Thanks everyone.