Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Berkheimer and LTCF

    Apologies if this topic is getting old for people but I tried getting as much information off these forums as I could before posting.

    Recently bought my first firearm a glock 19 which I've open carried a few times now. Wanted to take the next step and apply for my permit to conceal. From what I've gathered on here I need a proof of residency (berkheimer) 2 IN County references, paperwork and application fees and such. Now the references aren't a issue for me, but my question is more about the tax form.

    Says I need my recent local 1% income tax form. Is this simply to prove residency by checking the address on the form? Or is this to check that I'm paying berkheimer?
    I'm late filing this year due to me being stupid and forgetting and I'm currently saving money to get this squared away. I have a late form sent by them with all my residency info printed on it and filled out in pen by me but not filed yet. That enough for a LTCF or do I have to wait until I pay them and file?

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,168
    Rep Power
    532033

    Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

    Quote Originally Posted by CigarLove91 View Post
    Apologies if this topic is getting old for people but I tried getting as much information off these forums as I could before posting.

    Recently bought my first firearm a glock 19 which I've open carried a few times now. Wanted to take the next step and apply for my permit to conceal. From what I've gathered on here I need a proof of residency (berkheimer) 2 IN County references, paperwork and application fees and such. Now the references aren't a issue for me, but my question is more about the tax form.

    Says I need my recent local 1% income tax form. Is this simply to prove residency by checking the address on the form? Or is this to check that I'm paying berkheimer?
    I'm late filing this year due to me being stupid and forgetting and I'm currently saving money to get this squared away. I have a late form sent by them with all my residency info printed on it and filled out in pen by me but not filed yet. That enough for a LTCF or do I have to wait until I pay them and file?

    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    What???

    take your DL to the court house fill out your form with 2 ref's can be out of county and pay your small fee and go about your day....
    Insanity: Electing the same guy and expecting different results
    "1984, is not an Instruction Manual"
    PAFOA Feedback Link/AKFiles Feedback Link

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    carbon cty, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

    .

    call burkheimer and they will send you a copy that you have paid last year

    they are well aware of the sheriff's illegal requests

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pocono`s, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3,449
    Rep Power
    15941354

    Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

    Utility bills, lease, property tax bill? Would they work?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,168
    Rep Power
    532033

    Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

    Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Utility bills, lease, property tax bill? Would they work?
    Where is this stated on a LTCF application? I never heard of anyone having to provide this type of information???

    edit: i just checked the monroe website:

    Paperwork Necessary for Concealed Weapons Permit
    Download complete Instruction Sheet. Be sure to read the ENTIRE Instruction Sheet, front and back, PRIOR to completing the application. The application MUST have both sides printed on one sheet of paper.
    Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Non-Driver Photo Identification Card
    Photocopy of Local 1% Earned Income Tax or other tax paper if retired/disabled (Please refer to full instruction sheet for information)
    2 References (Must be Monroe County Residents - Please refer to full instruction sheet for reference requirements)
    If disabled - Written documentation from your doctor or social security explaining the nature of your disability.
    Copy of your DD-214 if you were in the military.
    Non U.S. Citizens need to provide the Immigration Identification Number. Please bring to the office as it must be photocopied for your file.
    Your photograph will be taken at the time of application.


    Pretty crazy if you ask me, glad i live in the county i do
    Insanity: Electing the same guy and expecting different results
    "1984, is not an Instruction Manual"
    PAFOA Feedback Link/AKFiles Feedback Link

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

    The legality of the requirements has been talked about on here enough that I was hoping to not get into it. More about if I'm good on what I have. Or if I had to pay up to berkheimer before I could even apply

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

    Called Berkheimer... The lady I spoke to was nothing but helpful. Said you need to have the previous years return filed and they give you a letter to confirm residency for the sheriff.

    Thanks for the help everyone!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cresco, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    13199

    Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

    Is the 1% the same thing as the local tax? I just filed mine for paradise township and its 1.25% is that the same thing?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    17,525
    Rep Power
    21474867

    Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

    Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Where is this stated on a LTCF application? I never heard of anyone having to provide this type of information???

    edit: i just checked the monroe website:

    Paperwork Necessary for Concealed Weapons Permit
    Download complete Instruction Sheet. Be sure to read the ENTIRE Instruction Sheet, front and back, PRIOR to completing the application. The application MUST have both sides printed on one sheet of paper.
    Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Non-Driver Photo Identification Card
    Photocopy of Local 1% Earned Income Tax or other tax paper if retired/disabled (Please refer to full instruction sheet for information)
    2 References (Must be Monroe County Residents - Please refer to full instruction sheet for reference requirements)
    If disabled - Written documentation from your doctor or social security explaining the nature of your disability.
    Copy of your DD-214 if you were in the military.
    Non U.S. Citizens need to provide the Immigration Identification Number. Please bring to the office as it must be photocopied for your file.
    Your photograph will be taken at the time of application.


    Pretty crazy if you ask me, glad i live in the county i do
    Can the sheriff be sued under HB80 for these illegal requirements?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    34520

    Default Re: Berkheimer and LTCF

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Can the sheriff be sued under HB80 for these illegal requirements?
    I would venture that the sheriff didn't make up the requirements, but rather took office since and is in charge of seeing that they are met. I'm curious though how much these requirements vary from county to county.

    I wonder, for example, are all PA LTCF valid for 5 years or is that only in Monroe County too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LTCF
    By michaelchica in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: February 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM
  2. Utah LTCF vs Florida LTCF
    By glockmaster in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 1st, 2010, 10:03 AM
  3. Philadelphia LTCF or Non-Resident FL LTCF?
    By BangBangPewPew in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: March 16th, 2010, 02:49 AM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: January 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops