Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Can anyone help with my LTCF permit?

just wanted to throw an update out for the people that viewed this thread...

I handed in my application at the sheriffs office on Thursday, the 25th.. I know the cards to my references got sent out right away. I was told it was mailed back the following Tuesday, the 30th. Its been 3 weeks now since I submitted my application.. nothing in the mail yet. Today is the 22nd day since my application was submitted and I know some have said it can take up to the full 45.. so we'll see if I have it in the next 2 weeks maybe. Hopefully by the end of the month..
    Just wanted to update you all. Thanks. Enjoy the nice weather this weekend! I know i'm going to try and get some range time in.

(Chester County)

Is Monroe County now a suburb of NYC, and North Jersey? Its seems they like to bend the rules, and not in our favor.

(Monroe County)

Im looking into getting mine in Monroe County. What Berheimer Tax form do they need? Filled out? Blank? I'm confused about that one. What is the purpose of it. Just to see if I pay my taxes? Seems asinine.

(Monroe County)

I am having the Very Same Problem. Moved out to Monroe county In February. No Felonies, Clean Law abiding man. Went to Apply for permit, lady in Sheriffs office was quite nasty, said same thing, References had to be In county, and Whatever references i use, my wife could not use same references. I went to dispute the fact that neither the website nor the applications stated that as a requirement and I was told, Too Bad, I am telling you, you need two in county residence. I know absolutely no one here. Spoke to my FFL and he said the Same thing you guys are saying, Its not the law. You don't wanna make problems with guy processing your license, so what can we do about it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by hurst1979olds View Post
    Im looking into getting mine in Monroe County. What Berheimer Tax form do they need? Filled out? Blank? I'm confused about that one. What is the purpose of it. Just to see if I pay my taxes? Seems asinine.
    Hurst, Same thing. That too was not mentioned on the Site or the application.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    +1. Add me to the list.

Al
    Here Here, I am Game.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by sikencide View Post
    Sheriff Martin is know to deny people for not having the in county references.

He requires 2 things that are not needed according to the state site. In county references and a copy of your berkheimer (local tax) to proved residency.

If he has issues, just see if your reference can come down for a range day and stop by at the sheriffs office and have him fill the reference card right there.

Just so you know all SGL gun ranges require the range permit or a hunting license as far as I know. I hunt so it is never an issue for me. Except the one guest per lic rule.

Good luck and hope Mr. Martin isn't a douche.

Anyone else have problems with the girl at the desk in the office being extremely rude?
    YES, YES, OH FATHER HAVE MERCY YES, She was very rude and nasty.

(Carbon County)

Smile Re: Can anyone help with my LTCF permit?

I went throw the same thing in Carbon county but I was lucky enough I found some very nice forks who gave me references. But I do not carry all the time just need in case of state of emergency. But I am sure some folks here will help you just give it time. If you lived in Carbon county I would do it for you. Just need to take some classes in conceal carry before I carry full time. All my firearm training was the military. Go to this web page and ask for help that is where I went. ar15.com
    Last edited by cardonasharp; December 1st, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

(Monroe County)

How is everyone doing? Im new here but I started reading this thread and I have something to add and perhaps someone can help me out.

I am an active duty Soldier in the Army. Stationed at Ft. Bragg NC, as a Cavalry Scout but I grew up in Monroe county and it is where I enlisted from back in 2006.

I have been deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan and I currently still serve honorably today as a Staff Sergeant. Last year I made multiple trips to PA for the sole purpose to acquire my CCP most of these trips were because the reference packets were not sent to my references so I would again have to reapply. When it was all said and done it was denied I have tried numerous times to contact the sheriff and have yet to receive a reply back. Im kind of stuck as to what to do. Monroe county is still my home of record to the military and I still pay taxes to the state and county.

Thanks for your time everyone.

(Wayne County)

Monty86 welcome and thank you for your service. I think your problem is that you're stationed at Bragg. Whats your drivers licence have as your mailing address?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast