Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Can anyone help with my LTCF permit?

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    If you get denied for references. I will 100% fund your lawsuit
    +1. Add me to the list.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    It's been a year, wouldn't want to waste any time.

You don't have any neighbors or friends in the county that you live in? Really?
    Well thing is.. it was almost a year ago when I was going to purchase my first handgun.. I tried to submit the paperwork and was told they wouldnt accept it bc of the no in county resident references... so then I put off buying for a tiny bit.. I bought my handgun a few months later.. and fast forward to now..(almost a year since I originally tried to get the permit).. and I do not know a second Monroe county full time resident I can use for a reference... so still cannot get the ccw permit.

Reason being, to answer your .."you dont have any friends or neighbors in the county you live in" question. No. I don't. I live in a community that is used primarily for vacation homes..it is my parents home that they use half of the year, but I live all year round there to help save me some money in order to move out of PA with my gf.. All of the people I know in the community arent full time residents and bc of this.. have no mailing address in the county. So bc of this being a 95% rental/vacation home community.. there are pretty much no full time residents other than myself that I know of.. and like I stated earlier.. everyone I know is from outside of the county and I commute to work outside of the county and spend a few days a week with my gf.. who is.. yep!... outside of the county.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    If you get denied for references. I will 100% fund your lawsuit
    it is clearly stated on the website.. http://www.co.monroe.pa.us/judicial/...=1537&q=604789

and yes, Sheriff Martin mails the postcards out to them and wait for their return and yes, he drags the process all the way to 40 days to make what should be a simple process unbearable... as stated by many on this forum who have dealt with him regarding the permit in the past. they will agree with me that Monroe is the only county who does it.. everyone else I know in the state of PA has gotten their permits in a matter of 20 minutes. let alone a week.. or 40 days.. with 20 hoops to jump through.... i mean, cmon!.. he even wants a copy of your local tax form..(which whatever.. i have it.. i'll provide it but gimme a break).. what he requires is def. not legal. I know.. I appreciate the comments, but the comments reminding me it isnt do not help much.

If you truly believe that he will process and accept the application, then I will just mail the app in.. but I'm telling you.. its just gonna be a month and a half wait for a denied letter.

instead of funding a lawsuit.. how about you just PM me your address so you can be my reference? lol jk.. I know most sane people wouldnt agree to that for fear of not knowing the person.

i wish i could just get a second PA id with my gf's address in Lackawanna on it.. haha Im certainly not moving just to appease these ridiculous ccw permit regulations Monroe county has.

(Washington County)

Take a member or two from Monroe County out for lunch and a range trip.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Take a member or two from Monroe County out for lunch and a range trip.
    yea.. my next course of action was to head up to Pocono Pistol Range in the next week and start shaking some hands, maybe I can find someone to help out there.. and to add to that..

I'm more than willing to meet up and shoot with whomever.. especially with someone from Monroe that could maybe help me out in the near future.

when i got my ltcf from monroe county, delt with deputy B.(forget the spelling)
    he argued a bit about their illegal requirements but i handed him printouts of the relevant PA codes, with the appropriate sections highlighted, took my paperwork and let me on my merry way.
    about 4.5 years till i have to renew.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

So I missed it, When did Monroe County become the second First Class City in PA? Able to make their own gun laws. Not even Philly demands in county references. But I am surprised that gunlawyer has not commented. I can offer you no advice on this subject. I hope you get it soon. But it is my opinion that Sheriff Todd Martin looks like a &^%$#@ in his photo off the website. Oh and I like how the Chief Deputy is Dick Martin, I mean Richard Martin. No nepotism in Monroe County. Good Luck.

The above post is my opinion. Consult a lawyer first. You have been warned.

(Monroe County)

Welcome to monroe county. Where you need your damn TAX PAPERS to get a LTCF (1% earned income, AKA - Berkheimer) and 2 refs in county and of course the entire 45 day wait period... Once again, Welcome to monroe county, shall I loan you the lube now or later?

Not being a dick, just honest. I live here, so I know it...

Seriously OP? A guy just offered to fund your appeal 100% and you STILL don't want to do it? What are you so afraid of? Instead of being part of the problem why don't you become the solution? You're the reason illegal requirements like this exist in the first place.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Luzerne County)

Cant you contact your representative for your area and have them look into this ?? Simply call them and explain that he is requiring more than designated by the state to complete the form and let them TALK to that man (?).... Just a suggestion...

Sometimes, it's easier to bend with the wind instead of planning for a lawsuit (I make money from lawsuits, so feel free to ignore this.)

The easiest path is to notice that there's no minimum requirement for what kind of reference the people are. Doesn't have to be a life-long buddy or the guy whose life you saved in the Mekong Valley of AfghanistNam. In fact, they rule out the people who know you best, like family or cohabiting girlfriends or roommates.

You could list the state Representative for your district. The chief of police. The mayor. The school board president. Drop them a line, ask them if they'd like to make a taxpaying voter happy and fulfill a bogus requirement, since the issuing authority is going to run a PICS check on you anyway.

Read Sun Tzu, there's more than one way to win a battle. Head-on, or through good, honest guile.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast