Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Back in town, need information: non-res LTCF and checking guns for the Phillies

OK, so im from PA but my wife is from MI. We just got back in town and I have two important questions:

1- My wife is a MI resident, and she has her Michigan Concealed Pistol License (CPL). While we are here in PA for the week, we want to get her a PA LTCF. I remember a while back that only certain counties did non-resident LTCFs, but I heard recently that all counties do it. I am still a PA resident, have my LTCF, and my address is in Montgomery county (Norristown courthouse). What is our best option for getting her a LTCF quickly and efficiently? We are only going to be here for a week, so in person would be best. We would also prefer not to have to drive super far, and would like to get it all done at one time if possible.

2- We are going to a Phillies game on the 5th. We will both be carrying, of course. Do they frisk? Metal detectors? How would we go about checking in firearms, if so desired?

Thanks for the help!
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Back in town, need information: non-res LTCF and checking guns for the Phillies

I don't know about non res licenses...and I'm almost sure I read a thread within the last couple days that they do pat downs and you can't bring or check guns at the stadium.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Back in town, need information: non-res LTCF and checking guns for the Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post
    I don't know about non res licenses...and I'm almost sure I read a thread within the last couple days that they do pat downs and you can't bring or check guns at the stadium.
    i have heard many times that they check guns in lockboxes, so confirmation on this would be appreciated.
    we dont go anywhere unarmed, so that would make things very difficult.
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by masakarijoe View Post
    i have heard many times that they check guns in lockboxes, so confirmation on this would be appreciated.
    we dont go anywhere unarmed, so that would make things very difficult.
    Edit: I am now unclear on whether you can take a gun into CBP, and if it can be checked.
    Last edited by Pilot321; June 1st, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Yes, you can check guns at Citizens Bank Park. They WILL pat you down, so inform the security at the gate that you have a LTCF, and are legally carrying a firearm and that you want to check it in their secured room.
    Sure of that? I recall that they use to but changed the policy to LEOs only.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...bank-park.html
    IANAL

(Lehigh County)

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...ode_of_conduct

Prohibited Items
    Guests may not bring any of the following into Citizens Bank Park:
    Cans, glass bottles and open containers;
    Bags or backpacks larger than 16" x 16" x 8";
    Alcohol or illegal substances;
    Hard-sided or Styrofoam coolers or thermoses;
    Firearms, knives or other weapons;
    Balloons, beach balls, noisemakers, nets or laser pointers;
    Camera lenses longer than 6";
    Brooms, poles or tripods; or any other device that may interfere with and/or distract the players, fans or telecast of the game.
    Any such items should be returned to your vehicle and/or discarded.
    All fans are subject to a search and/or pat-down before entering the ballpark

ETA
    Weapons
    Firearms, weapons, knives, tasers and other dangerous or hazardous devices or substances (collectively "weapons") are prohibited at Citizens Bank Park, unless carried by an on-duty police officer or otherwise expressly approved by The Phillies. llies. Anyone bringing such a weapon to the premises should return it to their vehicle immediately. An off-duty law enforcement officer who is carrying a weapon may check it at the Police Room before entering the ballpark
    Last edited by yeager484; June 1st, 2013 at 02:04 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Sure of that? I recall that they use to but changed the policy to LEOs only.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...bank-park.html

Was this a very recent change?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Was this a very recent change?
    Don't know date of change but the thread I linked indicates that it was effective prior to April 2012.
    IANAL

(Lehigh County)

They do pat downs shitty ones but they do them.
    IANAL

(Montgomery County)

ok so any word on non-resident LTCF for my wife? do I have to go to my county courthouse (Norristown) or will another work? do they still do it while you wait?
    thanks guys
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!