Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default Anyone in Blair county shoot IDPA?

Or any other competition? I am somewhat of a novice shooter and really looking to get better and get into this, seems like alot of fun and good training. I was just looking for someone who would be willing to let me tag along and teach me a thing or two.

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Anyone in Blair county shoot IDPA?

If you're interested in IDPA contact Corey Murphy shooting@coreymurphy.net he's the IDPA match director for Hollidaysburg Sportsmens Club. I know he runs a "new shooter" class, but I'm not sure how often. It may only be once a year, if so, it's already happened. Still, he can probably squad you with someone who can help you through your first couple matches. Match dates for are listed on their website, generally the third Saturday of each month.

If that doesn't work out for you (or you get hooked and are looking for another place to shoot as well), you're always welcome to come to Lewistown Pistol Club. Our matches are on the last Sunday of each month. We don't have a "new shooter program" specifically, but we can assign someone to work with you and answer any questions you have about getting started. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

(Cambria County)

Both Holidaysburg and Lewistown run really good IDPA matches. I have shot at both places Both guys that run it are really good guys. I'm sure they will make sure you have a good time and learn what you need to know as you go along. Don't let those that are really good at it intimidate you. Everyone had to start at one time. The rules for IDPA are rather simple, you'll make mistakes. But you will learn quickly and have a really good time doing it. Much more fun than shooting bulleyes and more realistic training for sure.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Blair County)

Great! Thanks guys for the helpful info. Yeah it is a bit intimidating being new, but everyone had a start at some point, guess that shouldn't let my enjoyment of shooting stop me from having fun and picking up tips along the way.