Adults - $7.00
    Children under 12 with paying adult - $3.00

http://www.paguncollectors.org/index.html

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PGCA Gun Show at Pittsburgh Mills Event Center

What, no reports? tom.
    N.R.A LIFE MEMBER GOA annual member

It was okay. First time ever at this one. I usually go to the Monroeville one, but decided to try something different. I think the gun show market is getting a little stale, and have finally reached a point where prices remain extremely inflated and the customers are sick of paying. I walked around for two hours and only saw one gun purchase. The only ammo 'deal' I saw was from one guy in Canonsburg (i think). The prices were only reasonable if you bought at least a case of 500...which it was not my day to do.
    There wasn't even anything good to snack on.......

If you want a newfangled pocket pistol or war relics, then this is your gun show.

(Washington County)

At G & C Enterprise, we had a good show, actually sold 8 guns from 8am to 3pm
    (had to leave early). Our firearms are priced to sell. Firearms are coming in and
    if you are interested come to the show to at least see whats new.

(Allegheny County)

Wink Re: PGCA Gun Show at Pittsburgh Mills Event Center

Just got back from the show on Sunday. I got there at about 8:45 AM and walked right in. Not very crowded (Thank YOU!) and there were a few empty tables. It looks like the number of pistols really increased with half decent (not good) prices. The ammo situation was ridiculous. There was a vendor that wanted $80 for a 525 round box of Rem 22lr. These were the same ones I was buying on sale at Dunhams for $14.95 when they had a sale. People need to stop paying these prices and maybe these scalpers will end up eating these things. I did talk to one vendor who knew why there was a shortage of 22lr. He knew that the gov't had bought all of them because he had a friend who worked in a warehouse that stocked tampons and his friend gave the scoop (of shit!). I am truly amazed at the number of people who have these conspiracy theories and believe them because a shoe salesman (Al Bundy) had the inside scoop. You want to bring the prices down, don't buy the crap at a ridiculous price for a few months and the scalpers will go away and after they sit on the shelves for a couple of months, the price will magically drop. Just make sure there isn't a shortage of tampons; for obvious reasons!

-=BDD=-

(Allegheny County)

Just got back from the show:

Worst than the last one
    Last row was half empty
    Prices still high and hard to deal with
    Ammo is still stupid high
    Selection is not at a normal gun show level should be, same old inventory
    Quality is horrible, new guns look like they are beat to hell

I tried to make a couple deals but these guys think their used crap is better than your lnib gun. Theirs is worth 2x yours is worth 50%. I did the respectable thing, I left without buying. WTH is with guys selling .40s&w for $30 and not interested in coming down. These shows are just money traps, if you go to their store you actually get a better deal.
    Last edited by mike12_nguyen; June 2nd, 2013 at 04:22 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Gun shows are a joke any more, if I want to go to a GS I can go 24/7 365 days a year on the internet and get a better deal. I hope all those high priced dealers choke on their over priced garbage.

(Allegheny County)

I missed the show yesterday but went today. I knew something was up when we pulled into the empty parking lot. The show looked like a ghost town. No patrons and way too many empty tables. All of this at 8:30am. Gun prices while still high are coming down. Ammo is still way too high. I did find a few boxes of cheap shot-shells and one buddy got a deal on an older Case knife. Chatted with some old vendor friends.We all left by 10:30am and went to enjoy a great lunch. Another good day out even if not too productive.YMMV. tom.

ETA as posted above G & C Enterprise did have some good prices on their guns.
    Last edited by deputy tom; June 2nd, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
    N.R.A LIFE MEMBER GOA annual member

(Allegheny County)

Oh I forgot another irritation:

So I have been on my custom knife kick and was really hoping to see some high end stuff like a reeve, tighe or begg. Well none of that buti did see a kershaw I wanted, only problem is the cryo I was going to buy online for $24 was $50 at the show. Possibly $5 off.......

(Westmoreland County)

Prices way too high on most everything. However, I did see one guy selling what looked to be Federal .223 500 rd boxes for $250 (unless I read it wrong). Seemed like an okay deal. He had a bunch of them.

I'm a member of PGCA and didn't realize they charge for children under 12? What gives? I know it's only $3, but what exactly are the kids going to buy? Flashlights? Really? If you want parents to bring their kids to further enhance the shooting sports, then don't charge fees for the next generation of potential clients and fleece parents who may not have a sitter. Sorry, end rant.
    Last edited by SwampFoxZ71; June 2nd, 2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Charge for children under 12???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast