Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Question For Philadelphia LTCF

I want to obtain the LTCF in Philadelphia and download the application from the PPD. On the reference form, they ask the reference person to explain; why would you grant the applicant a permit to carry a concealed firearm?
    Please share your experience and suggestion. Thanks in advance.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Question For Philadelphia LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by C.Junior View Post
    I want to obtain the LTCF in Philadelphia and download the application from the PPD. On the reference form, they ask the reference person to explain; why would you grant the applicant a permit to carry a concealed firearm?
    Please share your experience and suggestion. Thanks in advance.
    Apparently applications are different county to county. The references were not ask any questions on my Dauphin county application.

Answering you question, I guess you can go two ways. The reference can say because the 2A sez I can or they can write some crap about how your a model, mature and responsible citizen who's work or home location put you in harms way.

(Delaware County)

Disclosing to your reference (or anyone publicly) that you are applying for a LTCF is breaking the law. The reference forms or anything outside of the one page application is not required by law

The application process is standard across all counties

(Juniata County)

The law says there is one form and outlines the questions. You can find correct forms posted by several other counties on this forum or with google. Philly's form is illegal.

However Philly knows this, and does not care.

District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago constitutionalized some of the common law rules of "self-defense" as fundamental rights. The U.S. Supreme Court held that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments "protect[] the right to possess a handgun in the home for the purpose of self-defense." And, "stressed that the right was also valued because the possession of firearms was thought to be essential for self-defense. As we put it, self-defense was 'the central component of the right itself.'”; The Constitution, they wrote, secured "the right to keep and bear arms for self-defense." Prior to these decisions, other Constitution provisions were recognized as securing a right of self-defense
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

As a Philly resident, I will have no choice but go with the PPD application. I just curious, PPD would ask the reference for explanation.
    The number of county is growing in PA requires reference. Unfortunately, I don't find any organization to challenge the reference requirement with the application process. Philly is a Class I city and I guess there is not much to do about it.
    Thanks for the positive feedback and if there were someone reside in Philly may share their experience with the LTCF application.

Any luck?

I am trying to decide whether its worth the hassle of applying for LTCF in Philly or wait till I move.

I had all the forms filled out (except the 10card for prints) for my VA non-resi permit....and our AG had to go and make that not possible.

Thanks,
    Ben

(Lehigh County)

I wish I lived in one of the counties that have illegal requirements because I would not comply. Of course on the flip side I'm happy I don't live where the police break the law so openly.

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post
    I wish I lived in one of the counties that have illegal requirements because I would not comply. Of course on the flip side I'm happy I don't live where the police break the law so openly.
    So TRUE!........
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Have you tried simply filling out the application that's required by law and dropping it off? If they have the nerve to deny you I'd be interested in what b.s. they come up with and are willing to put in writing.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    Have you tried simply filling out the application that's required by law and dropping it off? If they have the nerve to deny you I'd be interested in what b.s. they come up with and are willing to put in writing.
    If you don't turn in everything outlined in the instructions, including THE INSTRUCTIONS, you will be turned away.

Here is the link to download if anyone cares to read it. http://www.phillypolice.com/assets/d...pplication.pdf

I applied for my LTCF along with several of my coworkers. We fill out the reference forms for each other attesting to the wonderful character and temperament we each have.
    MikeP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast