Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Florida ccw reciprocity.

Hey guys how are you?. I have a question maybe some of you guys or girls may be able to help me. I am confused on this new ccw reciprocity law between Florida and Pennsylvania It says that PA will not honor ccw from Florida unless you are a Florida resident.Is this new law for pennsylvania's residents that have a non resident ccw from Florida or does it affects everybody even from another state that has a non resident ccw from Florida.I hear people saying that it only applies to PA's residents other are saying it goes for every state that has a non resident ccw from Florida.Is there anyone here that can make this clear for me i will really appreciate it thanks.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Florida ccw reciprocity.

The letter dated February 8, 2013 by AG Kane seems to only impact PA Residents. It can be found here http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...e_02062013.pdf

Be safe (and get rid of Kane).

Scott

(York County)

Here is the page where all the latest reciprocity agreements can be found...

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

And here is the latest agreement about Florida, dated February 4, 2013

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...florida_pa.pdf

If you also consider the document Swarner793 posted above you will see that neither document specifically includes or excludes the use of a Florida permit by non-residents of Florida. It does clearly state that a Florida permit is honored for legal residents of Florida.

I guess you could write and ask. Personally I'm not sure I'd be very comfortable without further clarification. Good luck!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Luzerne County)

I cant understand HOW she can CHANGE an agreement already in force... it says he/she can ENTER INTO an agreement... nothing about changing one... So the people that have a FL non-resident license are NOT covered by the reciprocity agreement........ Guess she, like most Liberals, overstep their bounds and do stuff that WE would be jailed for.....

(Lehigh County)

Hey guys thanks. This whole thing is very confusing acording to swarner793 document she is only refering to PA's resident but what about the rest of the states.I think the best thing would be like Curmudgeon stated write a letter and ask.I really appreciate you guys trying to clear out this matter."THANKS"
    Last edited by GLOCK21163; May 24th, 2013 at 11:20 PM.

(Lancaster County)

It's very clear to me. PA will honor Fla permits from Fla legal residents. Everyone else is sol...

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    I cant understand HOW she can CHANGE an agreement already in force... it says he/she can ENTER INTO an agreement... nothing about changing one... So the people that have a FL non-resident license are NOT covered by the reciprocity agreement........ Guess she, like most Liberals, overstep their bounds and do stuff that WE would be jailed for.....
    While this is a popular notion on this forum, I think it would be a hard sell elsewhere. The legislature gave the AG very wide latitude to enter into reciprocity agreements with no oversight or approval from anyone, based on vague requirements. The first sentence of the new agreement, like many other legal documents (like contracts and wills), nullifies earlier documents. It doesn't help that Florida has always had the same restriction.

The claim that the legislature intended any agreement to remain in place unchanged in perpetuity will be a pretty tough sell. If I were charged with this, I'd expect my attorney to make the argument. But I wouldn't bet my freedom -- or my right to ever own a firearm -- on it prevailing in court.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Here is the page where all the latest reciprocity agreements can be found...

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

And here is the latest agreement about Florida, dated February 4, 2013

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...florida_pa.pdf

If you also consider the document Swarner793 posted above you will see that neither document specifically includes or excludes the use of a Florida permit by non-residents of Florida. It does clearly state that a Florida permit is honored for legal residents of Florida.

I guess you could write and ask. Personally I'm not sure I'd be very comfortable without further clarification. Good luck!

I dont think Swarner793's document would hold up in court since it looks like an interpretation. The important document is the signed agreement itself...Bottom of Page 1, Paragraph 1 says it all...."issued by the State of Florida to legal residents of the State of Florida"