Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default London beheading

Not sure exactly where to pose this, so thought this would be the appropriate place. Hope it already hasn't been posed...

Just curious about the recent beheading incident in London. Purely hypothetical, but if an incident took place like this in a town/city/state where a citizen was legally able to carry, whether OC or CC, in the U.S. would that citizen be able to make a citizen’s arrest or actually confront the attacker? In doing so if the citizen was attacked, would they be able to defend their self with lethal force?

Seems like most of the people in the videos I saw were almost kind of going about their business or just standing there dumbfounded. I saw a woman pushing a baby carriage across the street almost like it was just another walk across the street.

Curious as to what the correct response would be in this type of situation? I mean I know what I think I would be expected to do, but just not sure.
    I wish I had a smaller gun and less ammo

(Berks County)

Default Re: London beheading

This should be under the International forum.

And if this happened here in front of me and I was carrying, I would, without question or hesitation, send these two shitbags straight to hell.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2glocks4me View Post
    Not sure exactly where to pose this, so thought this would be the appropriate place. Hope it already hasn't been posed...

Just curious about the recent beheading incident in London. Purely hypothetical, but if an incident took place like this in a town/city/state where a citizen was legally able to carry, whether OC or CC, in the U.S. would that citizen be able to make a citizen’s arrest or actually confront the attacker? In doing so if the citizen was attacked, would they be able to defend their self with lethal force?

Seems like most of the people in the videos I saw were almost kind of going about their business or just standing there dumbfounded. I saw a woman pushing a baby carriage across the street almost like it was just another walk across the street.

Curious as to what the correct response would be in this type of situation? I mean I know what I think I would be expected to do, but just not sure.
    It's not about guns, it's about sheep. They are subjects and pussies.

In NYC you can go onto a subway car with 40 people and beat a man's brains out with a hammer. Nobody will stop you. This has happened.

At least a double digit percentage of the people on this forum would never stand for that, no matter what. Gun or no gun.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Years ago I took a class relating to the legal aspects of firearm carry in PA. A point the instructor emphasized over and over was to NOT involve yourself beyond calling for LE when observing what seemed to be a crime. The main reason being that you probably lacked sufficient detail of the situation to make a life/death decision. Many examples were given that showed how things were not necessarily what they seemed to be, and how discharging a weapon would have been the wrong decision.

That being said,

In the situation you mentioned, I can't see ANY legal justification whatsoever for two men to be hacking up another. I'd have shot them both in the face without much hesitation. Too bad the UK population has allowed itself to have been disarmed by their gov.

Regards, Jim

(Lancaster County)

FYI PA law is as follows:

18 Pa.C.S part 506 Use of Force for the Protect of Another Person

(a) General rule.--The use of force upon or toward the person of another is justifiable to protect a third person when:

(1) the actor would be justified under section 505 of this title (relating to use of force in self-protection) in using such force to protect himself against the injury he believes to be threatened to the person whom he seeks to protect;

(2) under the circumstances as the actor believes them to be, the person whom he seeks to protect would be justified in using such protective force; and

(3) the actor believes that his intervention is necessary for the protection of such other person.

So long answer short: Yes you can.

(York County)

Sorry guys...mods please move if this was not the correct posting place.

Thanks for the replies all. So if one were to see this attack take place and the crime had already been committed, ie. body on the ground, would one legaly be able to attempt a citizen's arrest?

I'm not talking about trying to be a super hero or some BA. Just a normal armed citizen wondering one's rights and responisbilities.
    I wish I had a smaller gun and less ammo

(Westmoreland County)

Sorry guys...mods please move if this was not the correct posting place.

Thanks for the replies all. So if one were to see this attack take place and the crime had already been committed, ie. body on the ground, would one legaly be able to attempt a citizen's arrest?

I'm not talking about trying to be a super hero or some BA. Just a normal armed citizen wondering one's rights and responisbilities.
    There is no international section...

It's 2 on 1, assuming we had been standing there we'd have witnessed him being hit by a car before the stabbing and beheading. I'd say, in the "hot second" this happened in that there was enough shananigans going on to intervene without second thought.

Just like the kid from High School who hit his girl friend up in the parking lot without consequence, though, while half the school just watching Yours Truly closed half the distance in a second to teach some manners. Some people act, some react, while many do nothing.
    Home brewing; because Jeeps and ammunition aren't cheap. WILL WORK FOR AMMO & FIREARMS!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by kp13 View Post
    FYI PA law is as follows:

18 Pa.C.S part 506 Use of Force for the Protect of Another Person

(a) General rule.--The use of force upon or toward the person of another is justifiable to protect a third person when:

(1) the actor would be justified under section 505 of this title (relating to use of force in self-protection) in using such force to protect himself against the injury he believes to be threatened to the person whom he seeks to protect;

(2) under the circumstances as the actor believes them to be, the person whom he seeks to protect would be justified in using such protective force; and

(3) the actor believes that his intervention is necessary for the protection of such other person.

So long answer short: Yes you can.
    so you come across two guys "attacking" another man, you shoot one, he goes down, the other turns to you with a look of crazy!
    The guy getting "attacked" stands up, shoots the second guy and runs off?
    You then discover you shot the guy who was defending him self from the guy you THOUGHT was the victim.

Unless you are absolutely sure, it's a bit of a coin toss as to where you'll end up.
    Now in this case it seemed pretty clear what was going on, but I'm more referring to the general OP question

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    This should be under the International forum.

And if this happened here in front of me and I was carrying, I would, without question or hesitation, send these two shitbags straight to hell.
    W(here)-T-F is the "International Forum"??
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    W(here)-T-F is the "International Forum"??
    I believe that was a joke, for the rookie, that he wasn't quite meant to understand but for the vets to snicker at?
    Home brewing; because Jeeps and ammunition aren't cheap. WILL WORK FOR AMMO & FIREARMS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast