Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Historical replica guns

I was thinking of buying some historical guns. Does anyone know a manufacture that makes reliable working gun such as WW2 Japanese Pistol and German Luger?
    Thank you,
    Nick.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Historical replica guns

No, sorry, I don't know of anybody making working reproductions of those guns. If I did, I would own them.
    There were modern production stainless Lugers available for a while right around the the turn of the century. They didn't have a good reputation for reliability and costed about what a shooter-grade genuine Luger went for at the time, so they faded away.

Jeff Cooper wrote about a modern production Broomhandle Mauser being turned out in China and, IIRC, claimed even to have one received as a gift...despite the metric assload of legal problems involved. If there really is such a thing, I covet it.
    The first one to use the word "sheeple" automatically loses the argument.

(Lancaster County)

there were some made of the luger but I don't think there being made any more.and none at all of the nambu.best bet for you if you want these pistols is to go to surplus rifle forum and the luger forum and I'm guessing there a forum on jap pistols as well.and learn all you can.an then watch there for sale sections.thats how I got my 2 lugers.an if you don't already have one get a C&R you'll be glad you did.one last thing if you really want these guns get them as soon as you can.the milsurp stuff has really been rising in price.rifles I was buying for less then a $100 a few years ago are now over $200 to $300.also the jap stuff as started to become hot and has really been going up.of the two I would get the luger for the reason they shoot ammo still been made with the nambu it's reload or big $$ bucks for ammo.hope this helps and best of luck.crazywolf

I can't find the link, But you can Google it, Somebody was making a copy of an FG42 for about $5k --- Wish I was Rich enough to afford one.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Lackawanna County)

If you're a fan of the WWII era P-38 like I am, you could take a look at a post-war Walther P-1. Wartime P38s can get pricey, but I got a beautiful P-1 made in 1979 with Bundeswehr markings for $300. Really cool looking and unless you're well-versed in P-38s it's hard to tell the difference. Pretty accurate too

Also, Auto-ordnance makes a WWII spec Colt 1911 .45 that shoots nice and looks like the real thing, under $500.
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)