Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default CZ 97 and 75 Accu shadow

I added a few more Cz's to my collection over the last 2 months the CZ 75 Accu Shadow Carry model and A C7 97 that I just ran into on Guns America about a week and a half ago. Here's some photos.

www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Default Re: CZ 97 and 75 Accu shadow

Sweet. I'm STILL looking for a 75 SA in stainless. I settled for a Sig P226 model that wasn't quite what I was looking for, so I don't want to do that with this gun (I wanted an X-5 but ended up with a stainless Elite).

I've considered a 97 just to have a different .45 to compliment my modest collection of .45's. I believe for what you get, it is an exceptional bargain, and even though it's a double stack, it feels great in the hand. I'll just drool over yours a little 'till find my 75 SA SS. I'll tell you, these things don't grow on trees, down here. I have to wait for a large show to even get to admire these bad boys in person.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Northampton County)

I bumped into that 97 early one morning about 1 1/2 weeks ago and I thought about it for about 30 seconds and bought because CZ 's -new ones are in short supply for a while now. I knew if I took time to think on it that it would be gone. The shadow was order Dec 24 last year and did not arrive until the end of April from CZ custom shop in AZ. I also just got 2 more Sar K2 in 45 acp one stainless slide model and one black model. These are clones based off the CZ 75 platform. I will post some pics of them tomorrow. I did a comparison shoot with them against the CZ 97 45 acp last Sunday at Easton Fish and Game. The performance of the two Sar 45 acp was outstanding . We shot off 500 rounds of 45 acp through all three pistols with zero issues except that it hurt my wallet. The Cz in a head to head shootout shot the best group with the Sar' s right behind. Both the sars need a slight rear sight adjustment they both shot slightly left of center, but they have adjustable rear sights so that is not an issue. I will post the target pics as well. Next session I will adjust the sights and we will start shooting at 10 and 25 yards. The Sar pistol wins in one catagory they hold 15 rounds to the 97's 11 rounds.

(Allegheny County)

I just wish they'd add an ambi safety to the CZ97 and i'd have one. As a lefty, a non-ambi safety is a dealbreaker for me and apparently it is pretty difficult to convert one have ambi controls (requires machining the frame IIRC).

(Monroe County)

Beautiful Guns there Brian, i like the way CZ's just say please pick me up , please shoot me.
    I just saw a video by James Yeager wherein he said that
    CZ'sare very poor guns they are no good and breaks down a lot, Why did i have to see that video, now i'm looking for a lake to throw in my 4 Cz's.

Enjoy Nyman.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Why did i have to see that video, now i'm looking for a lake to throw in my 4 Cz's.

Enjoy Nyman.
    There is one right beside my house. Please throw them in the shallow end.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Northampton County)

I will start building my lake today stop by and throw them in please/ Anyhow here are the pics of the Sars - one stainless slide and one black I shot them last Sunday at Easton Fish and Game with Devon and Forrest . We ran 500 rounds through the 2 Sars and the CZ 97 with zero malfunctions. Then I shot the three pistols for accuracy at 7yards standing 2 hands and the Sar K2 45 acp pistols held their own against the CZ 97. I did not adjust the rear sights on the K 2's yet you will see in their targets that they shoot sllightly left of center. Tomorrow I will adjust the rear sights while shooting them at 15 aand 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Beautiful Guns there Brian, i like the way CZ's just say please pick me up , please shoot me.
    I just saw a video by James Yeager wherein he said that
    CZ'sare very poor guns they are no good and breaks down a lot, Why did i have to see that video, now i'm looking for a lake to throw in my 4 Cz's.

Enjoy Nyman.
    That is about as good a testimony as I could ask for with regard to the quality of a CZ. If James Yeager doesn't like it, there has got to be something good about it.

Brian, those are some very nice looking shootin' irons.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    That is about as good a testimony as I could ask for with regard to the quality of a CZ. If James Yeager doesn't like it, there has got to be something good about it.

Brian, those are some very nice looking shootin' irons.
    Hey Pennsy thanks for picking up on the irony in my Post.
    Of Course CZ's are some of the finest Guns made.
    I love mines and have never had any trouble out of any of them.
    Looking to add more to my collection.

(Beaver County)

Very nice CZ 75 Accu Shadow Carry model and CZ 97.

I have a CZ 85B and am looking to add a 75 Compact in the near future.

The 85B which I picked up used with an unknown round count is very accurate.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast