Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Crossbows for Archery season?

Greetings all. I have been out of hunting for a while. Loved going out during archery season but now I have a bad shoulder and drawing a bow is painful. My question is can I use a cross bow for archery season? I remember there used to be special circumstances to use a Cross Bow for deer in PA but I heard we can now use them? Just want to check the facts? Thanks in advance for your help!

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Crossbows for Archery season?

Crossbows are now legal for any one. Good luck next season. Post pics if you get one

Angry Re: Crossbows for Archery season?

Quote Originally Posted by herplover View Post
    Crossbows are now legal for any one. Good luck next season. Post pics if you get one
    Unfortunately, the powers that be (a.k.a. Insurance co.s and PGC ) deemed it necessary to help control the population. People with a disability/handicap were doing fine,but now anyone can get one a Wallyworld and go out and shoot "75-80 yds cause I got a scope!" JMO
    In the Land of the Blind,the One Eyed Man is King

(Crawford County)

I'm planning on getting a crossbow in the future, but I only do target shooting with my bows. Last I heard, crossbows were OK'ed for everybody during Archery season.
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Delaware County)

Yup the whole state is legal now. It really benefits people like me I hunt on public land and state parks and I am terrified of heights so I hunt on the ground. I always had deer close but I had a poor success rate because they would see movement when I drew the bow. I bought a crossbow last season I shot two deer both within 15 yards it is an awesome tool.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by archer1214 View Post
    Unfortunately, the powers that be (a.k.a. Insurance co.s and PGC ) deemed it necessary to help control the population. People with a disability/handicap were doing fine,but now anyone can get one a Wallyworld and go out and shoot "75-80 yds cause I got a scope!" JMO
    My feelings exactly.

(Washington County)

LMAO the insurance companies????? You really need to educate yourself before posting silly drivel!
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Luzerne County)

And that is no worse than someone going to Wallyworld, buying a rifle, throwing a scope on it and go out and shoot "150 - 200 yards cause I got a scope"....

(Allegheny County)

With the screen name archer1214 and a comment like the above it sounds like your a bit of purest, correct?

With that said, I'd assume all of your bow hunting is done with a recurve bow. Because you know anyone can just walk into a sporting goods shop and buy a compound bow that can shoot 300fps and reach out there to 50 yards....

I took a beautiful 8 point buck in 2011 with my Tenpoint Maverick HP at about 20 yards.
    Here is the crossbow:

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.J View Post
    LMAO the insurance companies????? You really need to educate yourself before posting silly drivel!
    If you think that the ins. co.s don't influence the PGC on the deer/auto collisions, maybe you need to educate.
    If a person needs to use a crossbow because of injury or health issues,more power to them. I used to hunt with a recurve, but went to a compound some years ago because of back issues and have,over the years , been backing the draw weight down due to it getting worse. I don't know if I'd ever go to a crossbow,but IF I did , I would only be because I absolutely cannot draw a bow.
    This , of course , is JMO and the last I checked the 1st Amendment hadn't been repealed yet.
    In the Land of the Blind,the One Eyed Man is King

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast