Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Newbie in NEPA

(Chester County)

Default Newbie in NEPA

I had a question similar to this: http://forum.pafoa.org/luzerne-35/19...get-shoot.html

Has anyone in the NEPA area had luck with Rod & Gun clubs? I heard that Muhlenberg (not the Berks County one) has one-time membership with required service hours. Anyone a member there or know a member?

I should also mention that I'm not, yet, technically a PAFO. I'm looking to pick up my first handgun over the next couple of weeks - probably the S&W M&P .22 since it will be easier for me to handle and the ammo is relatively cheap.

I suppose ideally I'm looking for a place that's friendly to beginners with someone who would be interested in mentoring me at a casual pace. At the moment I have no plans to carry or hunt. For me this would be a purely social and recreational activity.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Newbie in NEPA

Link to the PA outdoor ranges: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=620410&mode=2

Link to other ranges: http://wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/wts_subresults.asp

Can't comment on rod and gun clubs, never belonged. We shoot on private land.
    Stay armed my friends.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Newbie in NEPA

WBRP in Hunlock Creek has a yearly work requirement besides dues. Members are required to put in 16 hours per year. It can be done in many different ways, including match and property work. You are also required as a probationary member to observe each of the match disciplines.

It is not hard to put in the time. I did almost 70 hours last year and will be close to 200 hours by the end of this year.

To find out about membership come to one of our many events listed on our website www.wbrp.net and check out the calendar. When you get to the range ask to speak to one of the members about joining.

Gunone