Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Nagant Pistol

(Berks County)

Default Nagant Pistol

Well there were a few older threads but I just wanted to make a few statements concerning this gun.

I bought one from a member a few weeks ago and finally got to play with it.

Damn, these are fun little guns. Mine is a 1944 which is even a little older than me. Not much though...

It was 90% pure joy and 10% pain in the ass reloading. I guess that is part of the fun though. I would hate to think about how it was to reload when under fire and it was 20 below zero. Guess you would have 7 shots and be SOL.

Out on the range on a nice day was worth the price of having something different. I was shooting Russian ammo bought via internet.

The gun didn't kick near as much as I expected. I would compare it to a normal .38 cal.

FWIW I got a Cabelas flyer in the mail this week and they have them for $130, normally $150. Or so they say, I don't know.

So go fetch a dozen or so and enjoy yourself...

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Nagant Pistol

I have one that I keep as a curiousity. Even before the ammunition shortage, ammo was inconvenient to find. I've shot mine only a little, but I never tire of cocking it just to watch the cylinder movement.
    The first one to use the word "sheeple" automatically loses the argument.

Hokkmike Guest

FIY - Sauer's Trading Post in South Williamsport, PA has TONS (hyperbole) of Nagant revolver ammo. At least 30 boxes or more.

Our local Gander Mountain (Erie) had plenty in stock the other day.
    Kind of pricey tho.

(Montgomery County)

I have the regular Nagant (cost $54 delivered when SOG first brought them in) and the target model. Can use 0.32 Longs or can rework 32-20 cases to use, though always check that the unloaded reworked case will function in your particular pistol. Some have enough clearance for the rim when cocked, some jam (ask me how I know!!). I also have the 0.32 ACP cylinder but this usually has to be "dremel-fitted" to an individual gun as the angles on the ratchet are usually incorrect. Dave_n

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    FIY - Sauer's Trading Post in South Williamsport, PA has TONS (hyperbole) of Nagant revolver ammo. At least 30 boxes or more.
    Quoting myself just to add some more info; he also has 2 Nagant revolvers @ $199.00 each.