Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Looking for a 686 7 round

Before posting over in the classifieds, was wondering if anyone has seen a Smith and Wesson 686 6inch, with 7 rounds (so either the plus or deluxe model) at a shop in the philadelphia area. Would love to pick up a new one. I've heard they get better with age, but I kinda want to break in my own revolver as it's something I plan on holding onto for a very long time.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Looking for a 686 7 round

Before December, I used to see several 686's at every gun shop I go to either new or used. They seem to have dried up for the time being, I haven't seen one in quite awhile. I think S&W is probably focusing their production on the M&P line at the moment versus their revolver line.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumstein View Post
    Before posting over in the classifieds, was wondering if anyone has seen a Smith and Wesson 686 6inch, with 7 rounds (so either the plus or deluxe model) at a shop in the philadelphia area. Would love to pick up a new one. I've heard they get better with age, but I kinda want to break in my own revolver as it's something I plan on holding onto for a very long time.
    i'm pretty sure surplus city guns in feasterville has a used 686 7 shot with stainless steel finish. surplus city is within a hour drive from anywhere in Philly so give them a call Tuesday morning since their closed Sunday & Monday.

(Philadelphia County)

thanks for the heads up. I may have to give em a call if i figure a way to get out there (i'm not incredibly mobile at the moment). but i called insite firearms near phoenixville and they said since a bunch of states are making magazine limits, revolvers are becoming more popular in those states so people are snatching them up from all over. and based on availability from online retailers, I think you're right about the M &P production. Hopefully that's only temporary...

(Bucks County)

Good luck bud, there was a 3" Talo edition one for sale on the board here but it went very quick. I know Tanners just got a bunch of 686's in but their not 7shot.