Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Is a Beretta CX4 worth the coin???

I recently bought a CX4 storm in 9mm. I was originally looking for an ar 9mm but couldn’t find one for a reasonable price so I settled for the Beretta carbine. I took it out to the range and this is what I found:
    PROS:
    The gun comes with a hard plastic case, sling, cleaning kit, 2 twenty round magazines, stock spacers to increase the length of the stock, an attachment to install additional rails to the front portion of the rifle, and a sight adjustment tool. Overall Beretta was generous with accessories.
    The gun appears to be well constructed. It fired flawlessly. It was also had good accuracy up to 50 yards. (That’s the furthest distance I shot it).
    The controls are reversible.
    It takes Beretta 92 mags.

Now for the cons:

It has a sloppy trigger.
    The thumb loop stock sucks.
    I could not reach the magazine release with the thumb of my trigger finger hand due to it being almost flush with the pistol grip. I had to move that control to the right side.
    Although it appears to be a solidly made gun, when firing it and working the controls it appears to have a “cheap feel“ to it.
    In conclusion, if I do find an ar 9mm at a reasonable price I probably will trade it out.

(Bucks County)

First, 750 is a great price. That's a little less than I paid for mine. A 9mm carbine is a whole lotta fun to shoot. I love mine and can offer no downside. The trigger takes a little getting use to but I don't mind it at all. Take down is easy. Beretta makes 20 and 30 round mags and a slick carrying case.

One point already made that you should consider is that this is a 9mm carbine. Don't buy it and expect it to perform like a rifle shooting a rife caliber. But as a poster already stated, at short ranges you will eat the bullseye!

Buy it, you will not be disappointed.

[QUOTE=FLICK;2402329]I found a NIB 9mm beretta CX4 (carbine) at a local shop for around $750 on Friday and wanted to get everyone's opinion on whether *you* felt it was worth that amount of money. I understand I have to make the decision, etc... But all the 9mm AR stuff seems to be non existent at this point and a 9mm carbine would be a lot of fun. I guess it could double as a HD piece, but my handgun and shotgun situation has that secured.

Looking for opinions, especially from owners. Not a ton of aftermarket support, and mags may be hard to come by right now. ......

This is an old thread but somebody may still stumble across it.

For my money, the Beretta Storm carbine is well worth the money. I wanted a law enforcement quality long gun that would fire cartridges that fit my pistol, and that’s what I got. It is lighter and shorter than my M-4 and plenty accurate for my main purpose, home defense. It just feels good to heft it and given a good spot weld to my cheek, the sights line up quickly. It is just as much fun to shoot as a .22, kicks none as far as I’m concerned, and just looks cool as heck. Based on my experience so far, and with thousands of rounds shot through my Beretta handguns, you can load it Sunday and shoot it till Doomsnight without a hitch.

(Lackawanna County)

India bought 40K of the MX-4, so it must be very grunt-proof. MX-4 is the select fire version, with shorter barrel. Been hunting for A CX-4 for some time at a decent price, but everything now is gone.

The latest version has smaller "wings" near the safety button, and more material surrounding the safety. Seems the Indian military had problems with the push-thru selector getting bumped and thus Beretta added more material around that area. I've read that the trigger has also been improved due to Indian feedback also.

(Columbia County)

I hope the OP made his decision on whether or not to buy one before this buying panic. After all this thread is 7 years old.

Prior to the panic I did note their prices came down to the $600 mark. Although I didn't care for mine, they are still on the market so they did stand the test of time.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; March 30th, 2020 at 12:41 PM.

(Berks County)

The thread topic is relevant because the CX-4 is one of the few guns still available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12