Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default local prices Vs Online prices/fees

How much cheaper is it to buy a gun locally rather than fees online.

I remember about a year ago I called woodlands world and they said they would do a FFL transfer fee for $35.

As some of you know I am looking for a glock .357 Sig I would perfer the full size glock 31.

I seen a glock 31 gen 3 for $499 plus $20 shipping plus the $35 transfer fee, so thats a total of about $555 for a glock 31 if I buy online or at least near that price.

My question is since this is a PA forum I am wondering two things.
    #1 - How common are glocks chambered in .357 Sig will I be able to find one and have you guys seen them around in PA?
    #2 - Do any of you guys recall the glock prices locally in .357 sig that you have seen so I can compare it to the $555 online price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You don't have to read this but just to clarify things : Long post novel :d
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the middle of a weird situation.
    Pay attention so you don't mistake what I am saying it may confuse you.

I am getting two guns in each gun I will receive differently.

As you notice I am 20 years old but will turn 21 soon so it won't be long.

Well I have MY OWN MONEY saved up to about $500 right now.
    - This money I am saving to buy a new handgun MYSELF when I turn 21 in a few months.

My parents are gifting me a gun with THEIR MONEY soon.

So I will have two guns, one will be gifted to me before I turn 21 and the other I will buy with my own money as soon as I turn 21 in december.

I just wanted to clear this up incase some are confused.
    Because when I am talking about my own money I mean money I am using for when I turn 21 not giving my parents money.

Yes I know I have to call which I will I am just wondering from others who live in PA what I can expect locally Vs Online when it comes to a glock chambered in .357 Sig.

Sorry for two topics on the .357 Sig but I need to know so I know how much money I can spend/save/use to buy other things.

(Washington County)

Default Re: local prices Vs Online prices/fees

Glocks in .357 sig are not rare. I have bought 3 glocks in the last 6 months. All were gen 4 for around $550 each. I am in SW Pa. some models such as G21 or 34,35 can be closer to $650 new.

With online sale you usually don't have to pay the sales tax that you would at a local shop.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Northampton County)

It's usually $10-20 cheaper purchasing online and taking delivery at my FFL.
    You just need to find one charging a fair rate($20-25). Also shop where there is good shipping rates.

Buds usually has free shipping. Grabagun is always $5.99 although some guns are free.

I recently bought a Marlin 60 for $230 otd at a LGS. Grabagun had it for $190. Factor in shipping, tax and FFL and I would have saved 3 bucks. A penny saved is a penny earned but I wanted right away as it was a Mothers Day gift and didn't want to wait 5 days.

I would say look for the gun local if you can. Price check online. Call around for a good transfer rate. The answer will come to you one way or another.

Do you think if I go into a gun shop and ask them if they carry glock 31 that they will get but hurt.

I know they are not allowed to let me hold the handgun since I'm not 21 yet and I know they arn't supposed to let you look at them I guess??? Well that part I just seen online?

Anyways I didn't want to hold the gun or look at it, I just was wondering if I walked in and just asked them if they sold them and what the price would be if they would get butthurt since I'm 20.

Well I guess I could always call and get a easy answer but I thought it would be better to walk in and see the other rifle/shotguns too since I might want to pick up a mossberg 500 main home defense gun.

Oh and yes, the shipping is freaking ridiculous, I seen $40 shipping on some online websites and I had to laugh at it.

Well they wouldn't really have a reason to ask for my age would they? I mean of course I guess they will ask once you ask to hold or look at the gun but I just want to walk in and ask them if they sell the glock 31 and how much it would be, I don't want to hold it or look at it because I know I can't do that.

I figured since I will be turning 21 soon and my parents are gifting me a gun soon that I might as well walk into some gun shops since I also plan on buying a 12 gauge which I can already do.

Didn't mean to use butthurt as offensive but I figured butthurt is the best way to describe how people get
    Last edited by ICEN; May 18th, 2013 at 03:03 AM.

(Washington County)

Call around or go look. Prices are usually marked.

Is there something other than age holding you back?
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

Ya its night time and gun shops are closed so I figured I'd get thoughts in the mean time???

Also you said prices are marked but like I said I know for a fact I cannot hold a handgun in a gun shop if I'm 20 even though I can legally own one :/

But I was reading something online where someone said your not even allowed to look at handgun if your not 21???

if that is true than I guess it would be hard to see the price tag so I was just going to ask, or call.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ICEN View Post
    Ya its night time and gun shops are closed so I figured I'd get thoughts in the mean time???

Also you said prices are marked but like I said I know for a fact I cannot hold a handgun in a gun shop if I'm 20 even though I can legally own one :/

But I was reading something online where someone said your not even allowed to look at handgun if your not 21???

if that is true than I guess it would be hard to see the price tag so I was just going to ask, or call.
    I think you misunderstood my post above.

You don't have to hold the gun to read the tag.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Schuylkill County)

Good things come to those who wait.

say that to the people who are dead from old age