Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default FYI - I will be OC;ing in Old Country Buffet by 10:45am this morning and......

-

I'll let y'all know how it goes. This OCB has apparently violated its "firearm Friendly" status by asking another PAFOA member to 'cover it up'.

I have always had positive experiences there with the customers and staff (customer wise, OCB is like the Wal-Mart of the restaurant world! You get some weird/odd/'I don't care who's looking' individuals in there!)

We have an OC Dinner there coming up on May 9th. I'll ask management how to go about reserving a large-ish group. I won't let 'em know we'll be carrying though!

-
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: FYI - I will be OC;ing in Old Country Buffet by 10:45am this morning and......

I'll be interested to hear how you make out. I've been wanting to attend one of these OC lunches (hopefully one will pop up again soon here near Harrisburg). I'm williing to bet when the manager there considers the amount of $$$ coming in, the fact we're legally carrying will no longer be a concern.

-38SnubFan

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: FYI - I will be OC;ing in Old Country Buffet by 10:45am this morning and......

-

All went very very well.

In other words......The OC went without a hitch. Not a peep outtta the patrons or staff.

In fact, I had a face-to-face with the manager to inquire about a large group that wants to show up on May 9th.....US!

I went on to OC all throughout the Viewmont mall and Payless shoes next to the Target as well as in the Wal-Mart there.

And........in anticipation of my new XD45, I bought a 100rnd box of .45acp WWB.

HOLY CRAP!!! 100rnds of WWB for only $29 and change??!!?? Niiiiiiiiice.

I'm gonna get my HPGD's from Advanced Arms when I pick it up.

Also - I later OC'd in my favoritre beer spot. Though I make good enough $$$ at my job - I'm a cheap bastard and always get me some 40oz Natural Ice's from Good Fella's Pizza on Main Ave Scranton.

I've been going there for a few years - so the first time I showed up there OC'ing, they were used to me.....but the were definitely looking at me sideways!

overall....a GREAT OC day!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook

(Dauphin County)

Good to hear! And that is a hell of a steal on the ammo! I'll have to check my local Wally World down here next time I get out to the range.

Cheers,
    38SnubFan

(Berks County)

WWB .45 has been $29 for quite a while now. And it's a high enough price that I'm very very very glad I reload. I reload 100 rounds for less than half of that Unless of course you were just joking about that being a good price, lol.

(Lackawanna County)

Yeah!!!

Wal-Mart was GREAT!

Freekin place was PACKED and the sporting goods dude said I had to buy the ammo from him.

Weeeelllllllll......The wifey wasn't done shopping (clothes/shoes for the kids and some home items etc...) so we came back to sporting goods when done.

He checked us out.......Bullets and everything else.....with NO waiting in line!! (I HATE that part!).

-
    Gary in Pennsylvania

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    WWB .45 has been $29 for quite a while now. And it's a high enough price that I'm very very very glad I reload. I reload 100 rounds for less than half of that Unless of course you were just joking about that being a good price, lol.

Considering the other week I paid $20 at Gander Mountain for just 50 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass in 230-gr. FMJ......yeah, I'd call that a decent deal!

-38SnubFan