Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
Most of your questions can be answered by visiting the club website at www.lprgc.org

This coming Tuesday is the General membership meeting. This is when you could start the sign up process.. Attend two meetings, work party and orientation to become a full member.

I have a couple friends that attend the Girl and gun events and enjoyed them a lot. LP doesn't really have anything female oriented.. Yet, you could start up something .. But, if you are safe, most people are very nice and will offer help.

There isn't any type of tour offered prior to joining, but you can PM me here and I could meet up at the club and show you around, or answer any other questions you might have.

Not sure on the negative stuff. I know the biggest complaint is the action pistol stuff. You need to take two classes at LP and pass a yearly qualifier to be action qualified. They are very anal about safety, I'm not sure if that is a bad thing or not.

Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate the club wanting everyone to be safe, but I question the need for so many qualifications...is it truly for safety or for getting more money from new recruits? I would want to know the costs of all potential qualifications before joining. Just curious... at the general meetings, why would a club member sponsor someone they don't even know? Thank you for your offer for the tour...I may take you up on that on a Tuesday that I don't have prior commitments