Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: French Creek ?

(Montgomery County)

Default French Creek ?

I have been to French Creek PHXVILlE and they seem to have a great selection. They also seem helpful and friendly. I have not purchase anything yet. I'm thinking of buy M&P 9 from them. Anyone have any feedback about their service after the sale and overal feeling of them.
    Thank,
    Nick.

(Chester County)

Default Re: French Creek ?

If you already know what pistol you want, OK. Just check around on price.
    King Shooter Supply in VF comes to mind.

(Chester County)

For me, they have regularly been the most expensive gun shop in S.E. PA, and I don't mean by just a few bucks. A LOT. There people seem to be OK for the most part, and they do have a good selection.

(Montgomery County)

I've bought a few guns and a safe from them over the years. I always get 2 or 3 free hours at the range when I buy from them, so thats kinda cool since I do like to shoot there every now and then. The prices are a little high on some things but I always account my time and gas into every gun buy I do. They have hired some new employees since I've last purchased from them so I can't speak for all of them but they have always been helpful and polite to me, with one exception and he is gone now. The selection is pretty good and they've had the stuff I was looking for when I was looking for it. They do seem to be a little too proud of the used guns.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Montgomery County)

You might want to consider Insite in Jeffersonville. They are just north of Jim Wynn Volvo/VW on ridge.

I have bought from French Creek, Though, it was at their original location. At that time, I was pleased with my gun purchases.

They have a fair selection of wares and accessories. If I don't feel like spending time and gas to go up to Cabela's, I have gone to FC.
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Montgomery County)

You are in LP, so I suggest you check King Shooters Supply in King of Prussia as well as Insight Arms in Jeffersonville and Guns, Inc in Trappe.

(Chester County)

I've bought 2 hand guns from FC and I do think they may be expensive. On the plus side they have a great selection and some harder to find items. Having a range with a good selection of rental weapons is really nice as well. My dad and I have spent some time there.

(Berks County)

I've bought a few guns there I like the guys no attitude and fairly knowlageble. As for pricing you need to check around, I've seen them $75 higher then other places on some but last week my buddy was looking for a ruger 22 and they were $50 less then anyone, so it's just like anything else it pays to shop around.

They are usually 10-200% more than comparable places within comparable distances. Their staff is usually helpful (they used to be arrogant POS), they usually have a good selection (before the *shortages*), and often have some random hard to find items or kewl items. Plus a range, and when you buy you get range time, and the range is nice.

In this area, I also like Insite, and have been to King's on occasion. Insite usually has smaller selection, but all the standards and some kewl items, and prices are great there. The folks there are knowledgeable and always helpful.

Best of luck!

(Montgomery County)

If you're looking for service after the sale, Insite Firearms and King's Shooter are probably your best bet. Luke, the owner of Insite, is an upstanding guy and you will generally find him at the store. The store has had a few bumps in the past but most, if not all, of that has been remedied.

For internet transfers, I sometimes use Treeline Sports b/c they're prices are the best in the area (esp for multiple purchases). I try to spread my business to all the local stores that treat their customers well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast