Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Prices on .357 Sig Handguns?

Well out of all the calibers I have finally decided I think .357 Sig best suits my needs. Honestly I was going to go with a .357 Mag but decided that in reality having that recoil along with muzzle flash at night, low capacity, ect, isn't what I really want in a gun. I guess I got honest with myself when I realized a .357 mag would be more for bragging rights.

Anyways I choose .357 Sig after looking a crap load of videos and doing a good amount of research, I mean I been looking at guns non stop for about a whole year so I think by now I can assume I want a .357 Sig over the other calibers as I sit now in my mind.

Anyways what sort of .357 Sigs would I be able to pick up for around $300-$400-$500. I don't want to go over $500 if I can help it although I'm sure some glocks are about $500-$560 as I see online

I'm just wondering if it would be possible to pick up a glock chambered in .357 Sig for $500 or even under.

That and I would like to know all the good sig brands if any that would be around $500 or under. $550 is pushing it and I am definitely NOT GOING over $600 so don't even bring up anyguns that are getting close to or over that price.

(Warren County)

Default Re: Prices on .357 Sig Handguns?

I have 3 guns in 357 Sig........ a Sig P239 which cost me $550, a Glock 32 which cost me $450 and a Sig P226 which cost me $600.

Guns in 357 Sig can be had in the price range you are looking for but they don't pop up to often. S&W M&P series has several in 357 Sig too......... and offer a $50 rebate if your military (retired or active) which helps with the price.

check around local shops used cases and the classifieds section, they pop up from time to time. Good luck in your search!
    Tim , USAF Ret.

As for the handguns that are chambered for .357 Sig is there any gun that is specifically shooting those rounds better. For example the 3 guns you say you have in .357 Sig which out of those shoot the best? In your opinion of course I should say.

(York County)

Don't rule out buying a 40cal on the cheap, and then getting a 357sig barrel for it ( either a factory barrel or one from storm lake or other barrel company ). One of my LGS's has a Storm Lake 357sig barrel for a Glock 22 hanging on the wall, so it's definitely an option, and increases finding something in your price range.

I would be comfortable buying a .357sig pistol in Glock, Sig, or S&W M&P. As for personal preference, I'm a Sig guy, so thats what I would lean towards. They do cost more on average, but there is a reason for that IMO. I think you should be able to find one in your price range, but you will have to search for a bit as they aren't quite as common. One more thing for you to consider. Are you ok with the expense/lack of .357Sig ammo? I would never want to buy a weapon chambered in .357Sig unless I realoaded, as the ammo is expensive and not that easy to come by.

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87hurricane View Post
    I would be comfortable buying a .357sig pistol in Glock, Sig, or S&W M&P. As for personal preference, I'm a Sig guy, so thats what I would lean towards. They do cost more on average, but there is a reason for that IMO. I think you should be able to find one in your price range, but you will have to search for a bit as they aren't quite as common. One more thing for you to consider. Are you ok with the expense/lack of .357Sig ammo? I would never want to buy a weapon chambered in .357Sig unless I realoaded, as the ammo is expensive and not that easy to come by.
    I was generally pleased that the folks here didn't wholesale bash the 357sig. I too shoot it and am in the process of standardizing on the cartridge.

I recently started reloading it as well.

The funny thing is that I have been able to buy 357sig locally when 9, 40 and 45 were no where to be found. If buying bulk, the price seems reasonable compared to 45 or 10. Just my thoughts. Also, since I joined a private range that requires picking up brass, I shoot a whole lot less and find I practice a whole lot more.
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Indiana County)

My 229 in 357 would shoot like a dream.

That's the model I'd search out.
    I picked up mine used for well under $600.

Then as stated above, you can pick up a .40 barrel later.

I'm a Glock guy, am carrying one as I sit here typing this, but a Sig beats out a Glock anyday as far as shootablity IMO.
    Last edited by 39flathead; May 15th, 2013 at 07:42 AM.

(Warren County)

of the 3 I have, i would say that the P226 is the best shooting of the 3, longer barrel and heavier. But all 3 are very shootable. You can also pick up a 40 cal handgun and pick up a 357 Sig barrel for it as the magazines will work for 357 Sig and 40 cal. And 40 cal handguns are more common... just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by ICEN View Post
    As for the handguns that are chambered for .357 Sig is there any gun that is specifically shooting those rounds better. For example the 3 guns you say you have in .357 Sig which out of those shoot the best? In your opinion of course I should say.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    My 229 in 357 would shoot like a dream.

That's the model I'd search out.
    Agreed! If I was buying a pistol in .357 I would pick up a P229, no question about it. If price is a huge concern, Sig also made the SP2022 in .357sig. You could definitely pick one of these up for well under 500, or you could pick one up in .40 and buy a .357 barrel for it. Although the SP is Sigs "lower end" model, it's still a Sig, and shoots and functions like one.
    Last edited by 87hurricane; May 15th, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

(York County)

I have the Sig P229, 40S&W/357 Sig w/both Barrels. It is an outstanding
    combination. If you can find one in your price range, go for it in 357 Sig and
    pick up a 40 S&W barrel later on as has been suggested. Just an add on at
    this point, sig 357 rounds are not cheap. Thankfully I bought enough over
    the years. Reloading may ease the ammo cost for you, if you can find the
    components needed.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast