Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Bass Pro in Harrisburg

another boring thread lol
    this is my weekend with my son (14) we went to see a movie ( forbidden kingdom) pretty good. then back home after some lunch.. sitting aroudn i was thinking hmm i should check out some ammo prices at BP i live closer to Gander Mt and their ammo is way too high.

i am OC'ing and as we are walking in theres a couple guys standing out in the middle of the sidewalk of course with their pants down around the crack of their asses the skinny one notices right away and elbows his buddy i walk by them and notice them turn and watch me, no big deal.
    go inside and i like checking out the pontoon boats , do that for a few minutes and see a few people noticing but again nothing. ( i am getting very use to this)

walk upstairs to check out the ammo and have some teen girls gasp and walk over to mom and whisper in here ear, mom turns looks at me , i smile as i see her look at my son and then turns away. Winchester ammo is #25.97 for a box of 100 , pretty good price so i get 2 boxes and go to the gun counter, i have been looking at the XD's allot lately but have also heard people giving good comments about the M&P so i had the clerk pull both out , i was suprised how much lighter the M&P was and they both felt good in my hands. so its still a toss up and since i dont have the budget right nwo its not a serious issue yet. while i am standing there the woman with the 2 girls comes to the counter and ask's the clerk why she doesnt see any CZ P01's and as he remarks about not carrying any CZ pistols i remark what a nice choice that is and we talk about me having a 40-P ( my carry gun right now)

after i turned a bit the clerk sparked an interest in my holster asking me where i got it adn stating what a nice holster it was i told him the name of the company i had make it for me ( HBE leatherworks) as my son walks back over to me and stated he would like an airsoft gun since his buddies all have them and he usually has to borrow one, we walk over and look at the variety and for $30.00 i get him a waltherP99 airsoft pistol with 800 BB's and a compensator . while walking out i see the same 2 brothahs standing in the same spot on the phone and kinda chuckle to myself about how silly it is to wear your clothes that way and think that thats cool. rediculous!!

so another uneventful day OC'ing the only place i didnt carry was the movie theater, i barely fit in the seats as it is let alone have something on the side of me lmao....

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Bass Pro in Harrisburg

And they all lived happily ever after, the end

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Dauphin County)

my understanding is that BP requires all firearms and bows to be checked in and trigger locked upon entering. have they changed this?

(Dauphin County)

as far as i know that policy is for firearms to be worked on ..

(Dauphin County)

I was at bass pro tonight around 7-8ish....I was CCing my P11 as i just got off of work. I bought some WWB 9mm 100rds for 19.99 and some new brush mops to clean my guns with. I wish I would of seen you I would of gave you a thumbs up lol. I have olny ever seen one other person OCing, in public, and I do not OC often unless its to the gas station or giant usually on Union Deposit Rd.

I also seen that sign that says all firear need to be checked... but I always take them with a grain of salt.

Also the Smith and Wesson M&P is amazing...I bought the 9c about a month ago and it is quickly becoming my favorite piece. Solid well put together and functions perfectly. I have put about 450 rds through mine so far and no FTE's or FTF's.
    Last edited by crakkajakka15; April 19th, 2008 at 11:49 PM.

(Dauphin County)

i was just leaving around 7ish... were the 2 black kids in white T's still standing out on the sidewalk ??? lol

thanks for your opinion on the M&P ....

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    i was just leaving around 7ish... were the 2 black kids in white T's still standing out on the sidewalk ??? lol

thanks for your opinion on the M&P ....
    Not that I recall....but there was a group of them in the store where all the used long guns are and on of them was handling some type of bolt action .22... and was like "man this 22 MILLIMETER be packing a punch" just laughed and kept walking

(Berks County)

22 mill...22 milla......-head explodes-

Still doesnt beat the time some similar chaps walked into the local gun shop, wanting to buy the gun they had 'in tha windo' for $60. Clerk and I gave each other the Scooby/Shaggy look (zoinks), and the clerk asked him if he meant the black rifle with the small scope. Guy said yes, and clerk kindly informed him that was an airsoft gun...hence the neon orange around the muzzle...and that fact you cant buy an AR-15 carbine with reflex scope and taclight for $60, but he had a very nice Bushmaster for $800.

(Dauphin County)

hahah good one i think i would have kept my mouth shut and sold it to them LMAO

(Dauphin County)

hahah good one i think i would have kept my mouth shut and sold it to them LMAO
    Flame me all you want for saying this, but I second that motion. I figure they'll probably paint the orange tip black to make it look "real," then be stupid enough to point it at someone who's going in return to point something back at them that ISN'T AIRSOFT and pull the trigger, thus resulting in a more positive population control solution!

Anyways, this answers my questions about OCing in Harrisburg Mall. I know my copy of the mall rules & regulations (from a few years ago when I worked part-time security for some extra play money) stated no firearms or weapons, but that very well may have changed or is probably only enforced for less-than-desirable visitors. A lot of the security personnel I worked with there have their own little "artilleries" and we've hit the range together from time to time.

Good report!

-38SnubFan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast