Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Moving to Upper Bucks, Questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    Ok thread back on topic. Does anyone know about the range in your yard? Also where are the good bars and restraunts?
    At the risk of being contradicted, I like Casey's on California Rd and also PreGame sports bar just on Northbound side of Rt 309 entering Quakertown. McCooles on Main and W. Broad is also a nice restaurant.
    I remember at 24 I thought I had all the answers, but with age came the wisdom I wasn't as knowledged as I thought I was.

OP..

Check out the areas around Nockamixon and Tinicum townships. There are many properties for sale up here that either have homes preexisting on them, or are vacant lots that offer you the seclusion you are looking for.

Shooting on your property is allowed up here (obviously a backstop is needed).

Palisades is a great school district also...

As far as bars/restaurants go there are many places around that range from dives to more upscale establishments. Black Bass Inn, Ottsville inn, Ferndale Inn, Veras Country Cafe, The Ship Inn (local brew pub) are just a few of the places I prefer and there are many more places. Great coffee can be found at locally at Homestead Coffee Roasters which also serves as a general store and they also serves meals.

Shopping is a little bit more of a challenge. For the most part grocery stores around here are about 20-30 minutes away.

If interested Id be happy to take you on a tour of this area as long as our schedules align.

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    OP..

Check out the areas around Nockamixon and Tinicum townships. There are many properties for sale up here that either have homes preexisting on them, or are vacant lots that offer you the seclusion you are looking for.

Shooting on your property is allowed up here (obviously a backstop is needed).

Palisades is a great school district also...

As far as bars/restaurants go there are many places around that range from dives to more upscale establishments. Black Bass Inn, Ottsville inn, Ferndale Inn, Veras Country Cafe, The Ship Inn (local brew pub) are just a few of the places I prefer and there are many more places. Great coffee can be found at locally at Homestead Coffee Roasters which also serves as a general store and they also serves meals.

Shopping is a little bit more of a challenge. For the most part grocery stores around here are about 20-30 minutes away.

If interested Id be happy to take you on a tour of this area as long as our schedules align.
    Tinicum would be ideal, not too far north but north enough. The wife and I love the Ship Inn and look forward to being closer to it.
    Do you know if I have to have a certain amount of acreage and what the proximity to other houses has to be?
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    Tinicum would be ideal, not too far north but north enough. The wife and I love the Ship Inn and look forward to being closer to it.
    Do you know if I have to have a certain amount of acreage and what the proximity to other houses has to be?
    I don't know if there are any acreage or proximity requirements in Tinicum. I live in Nockamixon twp, and as far as I can tell there are no such requirements for target shooting. I've looked at the ordinances online and have not found anything. I did think about asking, but was worried that might bring attention to something isn't a problem.

I do know that there are a ton of people up here that shoot on their land frequently. In the past one person had even been firing off full auto, though I have not heard that since last summer (gee I wonder why).

That said, common sense always prevails when shooting on your own property. I won't shoot high powered calibers such as 5.56 or 30 cal. Too much risk there for me and too noisy even with a can on the 5.56. I limit it to 22 LR, shotguns, and handguns only, and try to do it at times where it won't bother the neighbors that are relatively close.

(Bucks County)

I don't know if there are any acreage or proximity requirements in Tinicum. I live in Nockamixon twp, and as far as I can tell there are no such requirements for target shooting. I've looked at the ordinances online and have not found anything. I did think about asking, but was worried that might bring attention to something isn't a problem.

I do know that there are a ton of people up here that shoot on their land frequently. In the past one person had even been firing off full auto, though I have not heard that since last summer (gee I wonder why).

That said, common sense always prevails when shooting on your own property. I won't shoot high powered calibers such as 5.56 or 30 cal. Too much risk there for me and too noisy even with a can on the 5.56. I limit it to 22 LR, shotguns, and handguns only, and try to do it at times where it won't bother the neighbors that are relatively close.
    Ever had any PAFOA members over for a casual shoot?
    (he asks in a sheepish tone)

Thanks for the insight. I can't wait to find some peace and quiet.
    Last edited by 7998; May 20th, 2013 at 06:42 PM.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

Stay out of Tinicum a bunch of New Yorkers moved in and want to change everything. They have new noise restrictions and shooting restrictions and even no more than 2 atv's ridding on your property at one time. I live in Hilltown and we shoot ride atv's and have no issues. It also depends on your neighbors mine are great.

(Monroe County)

Before you invest you need to check township ordinances and depending on how your property was developed there could even be deed restrictions. It's not as simple as "this is rural I can do whatever"

As far as ATV, well one family or so is tolerated get a couple families or a family that invites his weekend warriors and suddenly the tolerance is gone.

I've seen that happen from Kintnersville to the Poconos. I grew up off Edison Furlong Rd. Before any of the bypass was done or York rd became 4 lane. We rode scramblers everywhere. I rode pre 16 to school everyday barely touching a road except to cross it. Couldn't do that now.
    A house is usually long term. Try and envision the area in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Before you invest you need to check township ordinances and depending on how your property was developed there could even be deed restrictions. It's not as simple as "this is rural I can do whatever"

As far as ATV, well one family or so is tolerated get a couple families or a family that invites his weekend warriors and suddenly the tolerance is gone.

I've seen that happen from Kintnersville to the Poconos. I grew up off Edison Furlong Rd. Before any of the bypass was done or York rd became 4 lane. We rode scramblers everywhere. I rode pre 16 to school everyday barely touching a road except to cross it. Couldn't do that now.
    A house is usually long term. Try and envision the area in 10 years.
    We just got our house on the market this week and have had a surprising number of people interested. So I think we won't have much of a problem selling. With that said all of the properties we we're interested in have sold except for one and nothing has come on the market that excites us.

Ok so I need to know who does trash pick-up and how much in Nockamixon Twp. See ya all up there next week

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast