Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Mount Joy Sportsmans

Just wanted to post that I had an great time today at the range. Met a few folks that were squared away and even a gentleman that lives near me in Landisville. Today was exceptionally nice because not too may people were there. Looking forward to going more often.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Mount Joy Sportsmans

My work schedule and family responsibilities have made my frequent trips to the range take a back seat. So when I had the day off on Friday I packed up my gear and went shooting (I haven't been for a few months).

Well it's a good thing I brought my range box with my pistols and LRN ammo and not just my rifles cause the rifle ranges are closed for the forseeable future.
    Apparently the property behind Mount Joy Sportsman has been taking fire from some members who cannot keep their fire lower than the top of back stops.

I don't know what they will do but it appears I may need to find another range to shoot my rifles at.

Why do dumb a$$es have to ruin things for everyone else?

(Lancaster County)

Just heard about this today from a friend. Is the indoor pistol still open? I'd consider joining if I could shoot pistol there since the Trop range always seems too busy.

(Lancaster County)

With the exception of Friday evening and the weekends, we almost ALWAYS have availability on our range. In the event we are at max capacity, the wait times are usually very short and you can feel free to peruse the store or hang out in the game lounge.
    Last edited by TropGun.com; March 18th, 2014 at 01:36 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Good to know. I was up a few weeks ago and wanted to shoot on a weeknight and was told it was over an hour and a half wait. Trust me, I'm by no means upset. You guys hit on an awesome concept and it got real popular real quick. I totally get that. And of course I'll keep checking in to see if I can shoot there! I was just looking for somewhere else to go if you guys were at capacity now and then.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    Just heard about this today from a friend. Is the indoor pistol still open? I'd consider joining if I could shoot pistol there since the Trop range always seems too busy.
    indoor range still open and I will keep my membership for this alone however I need to find somewhere to shoot rifles unless they fix this.

(Lancaster County)

I am a member at MJSA as well and am not very happy about the idiots that caused the closure of the outdoor range.

Question for other shooters, where are you finding lead only rounds? I am having trouble finding them and have started to reload 9mm just to have them.
    Last edited by jmoyer; April 6th, 2014 at 09:06 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Any idea when it will reopen? Frustrating I can't shoot my 22 rifles right now.... And might drop them entirely and go to Milton Grove or conewago if they decide to close the range for months based on the actions of a few jackasses.

(Lancaster County)

I am done with that place. There has been more than enough time for them to figure out what they are going to do. At a minimum they could at least communicate to all of the members and not leave everyone hanging in the dark. I had high hope for that place. I thought they were going to eventually put in steel plate pits and expand the range for the greater good...It's sad to see a good piece of land not getting used for shooting sports....kinda like a golf course...total waste of land.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Screamneagle68 View Post
    I am done with that place. There has been more than enough time for them to figure out what they are going to do. At a minimum they could at least communicate to all of the members and not leave everyone hanging in the dark. I had high hope for that place. I thought they were going to eventually put in steel plate pits and expand the range for the greater good...It's sad to see a good piece of land not getting used for shooting sports....kinda like a golf course...total waste of land.
    Agreed. Wonder what is close that is accepting new members. It's a shame because that was a range 10min from me. The next closest is about 30 min on a good day of traffic.

I do think months of "deciding" how to fix the problem is a bit ridiculous. Not to mention that probably means another few months of actually making new berms or whatever the solution may be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast