Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Re: Issues with a rally this coming June in Erie.

"Court facility." The courtroom of a court of record; a
    courtroom of a community court; the courtroom of a magisterial
    district judge; a courtroom of the Philadelphia Municipal Court;
    a courtroom of the Pittsburgh Magistrates Court; a courtroom of
    the Traffic Court of Philadelphia; judge's chambers; witness
    rooms; jury deliberation rooms; attorney conference rooms;
    prisoner holding cells; offices of court clerks, the district
    attorney, the sheriff and probation and parole officers; and any
    adjoining corridors.

Well the ass hats in Mr Robie's office better have the proper storeage because when I show up, it will be armed to the teeth, long guns, shotguns, and handguns with multiple magazines for each, that will not be surrendered, and of course my tactical Buck knife that will not leave my possesion.

"Dangerous weapon." A bomb, grenade, blackjack, sandbag,
    metal knuckles, dagger, knife (the blade of which is exposed in
    an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism or
    otherwise) or other implement for the infliction of serious
    bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by FlcnDawg View Post
    Finally this is a citation, it will not cost anyone their 2A rights even if the PA Supreme Court loses their minds and rules in favor of the city.
    Please explain this theory.

If the charges stand, then preemption means nothing to any and all cities, towns, townships, etc. Pa could look like Illinois.

Then each Pa resident will have to know each and every town's laws on how to carry a firearm.

(Northampton County)

I think you guys should consult with somebody that knows what they are taking about before you decide what to do. It may just be a citation, but what happens if you don't pay the citation? Are you guilty of something else? What happens if you plead guilty and pay it, will you someday have to answer yes to a (albeit summary) firearms violation? Even if somebody bothers to fight these and get them overturned, you might rack up other issues along the way that don't get overturned.

I'm not suggesting any of these perils exist, because I don't know this kind of stuff. I'm just saying that I know I don't know this kind of stuff and I would want to guard against surprises.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I just found this thread. I think you guys are noble and are right but shouldn't you have raised some cash to fight before you get involved in this? Broke people lose. Everytime. Plus figuring out whom to elect and the getting them in office might help. If you lose your rights through the cort system that's forever. No matter how much other people admire you and your actions, and I support you as long as you are peaceful, you still lose your rights. You all need to set up a defense fund ASAP. And get out the word.
    A person with a good head on his/her shoulders who is without money isn't completely broke.

I think Josh Prince is helping to resolve this issue, he may even take care of any citations.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Erie County)

By all means, any who receive citations, or any other related issues, should forward a copy of them to The Prince Law firm. He is handling this issue, and has been from the start.

Joshua Prince, Esq.
    Firearms Industry Consulting Group
    a division of Prince Law Offices, P.C.
    646 Lenape Rd
    Bechtelsville, PA 19505
    610-845-3803 ext 81114
    610-845-3903 (fax)
    Joshua@PrinceLaw.com
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

Haven't been on here in a couple years. Actually just sent in my application for CC yesterday. I think its great what you guys tried to do and I'm sorry it took me this long to read about the event because I would've definitely gotten involved or at least donated what I could. Good luck with the citations issue. I'll try to re-check the forum more often to see what I can do from this point on to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I think you guys should consult with somebody that knows what they are taking about before you decide what to do. It may just be a citation, but what happens if you don't pay the citation? Are you guilty of something else? What happens if you plead guilty and pay it, will you someday have to answer yes to a (albeit summary) firearms violation? Even if somebody bothers to fight these and get them overturned, you might rack up other issues along the way that don't get overturned.

I'm not suggesting any of these perils exist, because I don't know this kind of stuff. I'm just saying that I know I don't know this kind of stuff and I would want to guard against surprises.
    Even a summary conviction for unlawful gun possession can be used to revoke an LTCF, under the character/reputation clause, because it's an individualized reason. Summary offenses wouldn't ordinarily become part of your criminal history, but you can bet that the Erie DA will notify your issuing authority of any conviction.

In addition, as you point out, it has been assumed by both sides that local firearms penal statutes are preempted, even where the municipal property owner only regulates on their own land. A loss here would end the existing practice of municipalities responding to polite inquires by quietly withdrawing such ordinances (both the penal statutes and the "policies" banning firearms), and all those who previously repealed them would promptly reinstate them.

Now that this battle has been started, you had all better win it, on AT LEAST the summary penal statute, and nailing down the legal validity of administrative "policies" that have no penal aspects.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

A whole bunch of us donated to a defense fund that Justin started.

As I recall, it was created specifically to defend any citations that might result from the Erie rally.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Even a summary conviction for unlawful gun possession can be used to revoke an LTCF, under the character/reputation clause, because it's an individualized reason. Summary offenses wouldn't ordinarily become part of your criminal history, but you can bet that the Erie DA will notify your issuing authority of any conviction.

In addition, as you point out, it has been assumed by both sides that local firearms penal statutes are preempted, even where the municipal property owner only regulates on their own land. A loss here would end the existing practice of municipalities responding to polite inquires by quietly withdrawing such ordinances (both the penal statutes and the "policies" banning firearms), and all those who previously repealed them would promptly reinstate them.

Now that this battle has been started, you had all better win it, on AT LEAST the summary penal statute, and nailing down the legal validity of administrative "policies" that have no penal aspects.
    we spoke with the erie county sheriff prior to this specific rally. and he clearly stated he would NOT revolk anyone's license for this and supports us
    live to ride

(Erie County)

yes i also received a citation... went and pleaded not guilty today ...lol
    live to ride

Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast