Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Re: Issues with a rally this coming June in Erie.

There are some other things in the works. I have not been updated yet today.

I would be more than happy to get together early for a late breakfast.

Yes, if anything happens, the yahoo will be listed.

As for the mayor, and council knowing about it, I'm not sure. I am fairly certain there is going to be a town hall meeting, and I am going to try and make it.

I'll try to get ahold of Justin tonight see if he has heard anything, likely it won't be until Monday though.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Indiana County)

955.06 RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES.
    (b) Hunting and Firearms. No person in a park shall hunt, trap or pursue wild life at any time. No person shall use, carry or possess firearms of any descriptions, or air-rifles, spring puns, bow and arrows, slings, paint ball weapons or any other forms of weapons potentially inimical to wild life and dangerous to human safety, or any instrument that can be loaded with and fire blank cartridges, or any kind of trapping device. Shooting into park area from beyond park boundaries is forbidden.
    For the uninitiated, the bolded part is preempted by state law - only the state can regulate firearms.

(Erie County)

2 things, first, The Breakfast Place at E38th near McClelland is friendly, and I'd try to be there, second, can someone post info for those of us who refuse to fall into facebook hell, where we have to tell everyone what we're having for dinner and update our bowel movements?
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

Default Erie,PA over stepping its control?

Posting a video showing the City Soliciter Greg Karle saying that we now cannot have a pro-gun rally with guns.
    Even though there have been 3 other rallies in the exact same spot.
    http://yourerie.com/fulltext?nxd_id=305632

(Crawford County)

Default Re: Erie,PA over stepping its control?

Yes, Erie is clearly overstepping. Pre-emption violation, and a clear violation of Free Speech Rights and Right of Assembly and Peaceful Protest.
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Erie County)

The lawyers have already been contacted and letters sent to the City by "he who shall not be named"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by brsims View Post
    Yes, Erie is clearly overstepping. Pre-emption violation, and a clear violation of Free Speech Rights and Right of Assembly and Peaceful Protest.
    Wow, the rally in Morrisville,PA literally 200 yards from NJ we carried openly in a park with their illegal pre emptive law. A lawyer wrote a few letters to the township regarding this illegal law. Don't give up, read through the Morrisville thread below.

BTW, contact tea parties, conservative groups, ranges, etc because we should be turning out way more people an the low numbers that turn out are unacceptable. My goodness if we get 1% of gun owners at these rallies it would be in the tens of thousands. I'm really getting concerned about the apathy among the pro 2a crowd. Stop complaining people and get your butts out there...
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Erie County)

copy of the letter sent to the City:
    May 07, 2013
    Mr. Gregory Karle
    c/o Erie City Hall,
    626 State Street
    Erie, PA 16501
    RE: Justin D. Dillon - June 22, 2013 Pro-Gun Rally
    Solicitor Karle,
    Please be advised that I have been retained by Mr. Justin D. Dillion, and those other
    individuals similarly situated, in relation to his attempt to obtain a permit for his June 22, 2013
    Pro-Gun Rally in Erie, Pennsylvania.
    It is my understanding that Mr. Dillion on several prior occasions has procured Special Event
    Permits for identical gatherings in Erie, Pennsylvania. I am attaching his most recent Special
    Event Permit for an identical gathering on February 23, 2013. I should note that such permits are
    not required for constitutionally protected gatherings and that Mr. Dillon understood such but
    acquired such permitting so that the City would be on notice of the event. Approximately three
    weeks ago, Mr. Dillon contacted Mr. David Rocco to again obtain a permit for his event on June
    22, 2013. At this time, concern was raised in relation to a City ordinance, which precluded
    possession of firearms in parks. This issue was apparently relayed to you for resolution.
    Pennsylvania's Uniform Firearms Act, 18 PA.C.S. § 6120, specifically preempts any
    municipality from enacting any regulations in relation to possession of firearms and ammunition.
    Section 6120 provides, "No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the
    lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition
    components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this
    Commonwealth." As if that language was not clear enough, the issue was previously brought
    before the Commonwealth Court, which declared, "it is a well-established principle of law that
    where a state statute preempts local governments from imposing regulations on a subject, any
    ordinances to the contrary are unenforceable" and Section 6120 "clearly preempts local
    governments from regulating the lawful ownership, possession and transportation of firearms."
    Schneck v. City of Philadelphia, 383 A.2d 227, 229-30 (Pa. Cmwlth. 1978)(reaffirmed in Clarke
    v. House of Representatives, 957 A.2d 361 (Pa. Cmwlth. Ct. 2008).
    A violation of Section 6120 is a misdemeanor of the first degree, pursuant to 18 PA.C.S. §
    In review of the City's ordinances, at the current time, I have found two which violate this
    statutory preemption and result in a criminal violation. Specifically, 955.06(b) and Ordinance
    No. 44-2009. In relation to Ordinance 955.06(b), the City is unlawfully regulating the possession
    of firearms. In relation to Ordinance No. 44-2009, the City is unlawful regulating and mandating
    the disclosure of lost or stolen stolen firearms in parks. Both of these issues were dealt with by
    the Commonwealth Court in Clarke, where the court found them to be invalid, pursuant to
    Section 6120.
    Accordingly, I am respectfully requesting that the ordinances be immediately repealed. If
    they are not, or any action is taken pursuant to them, I am prepared to filed a federal action
    under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 against all of those who enacted, condoned, ratified or who enforce(d)
    these illegal ordinances. Additionally, I will seek to have criminal charges filed against all those
    involved.
    As I assume these ordinances were enacted in haste and without the knowledge of the
    limitations prescribed by Section 6120, please notify me at your earliest convenience of the
    action the Township intends to take in relation to this matter. I also respectfully requesting that
    you direct Mr. Rocco to issue Mr. Dillon's Special Event Permit.
    Thanking you for your time and assistance in this matter, I am
    Yours truly,
    Prince Law Offices, P.C.,
    Joshua Prince
    joshua@princelaw.com
    Extension: 81114
    jp/web
    Matter No. 30956
    Enclosure
    By fax: Mr. Gregory Karle
    cc w/enc: Mr. Stephen E. Franklin by mail and fax
    Mr. David Rocco by mail and fax
    cc w/o enc: Mr. Justin D. Dillon by email
    a division of Prince Law Offices, P. C. • 646 Lenape Road • Bechtelsville, PA 19505 • (888) 313.0416
    www.FirearmsIndustryConsultingGroup.com • © 2007 - 2012 • www.PrinceLaw.com

(Erie County)

Can't wait for the local anti-gun media to twist this into something more than it is.

(Venango County)

Could a mod please merge the thread I posted in the OC section with this one?
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast