Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Taurus PT92 Hogue Grip Opinions?

How's it going? I have had a Pachmayr grip with the finger grooves on my PT92 for about five years now and I'm starting to consider trying something slimmer. The frame width is 7/8 inch without a grip and with the Pachmayr grip, it blows up to 1 1/2 inches. A drastic reduction would be nice but really, anything will help. My girlfriend can barely even wrap her hands around the grip of this pistol and it's my only handgun. What I'm looking at specifically is the Hogue grip set. If anyone has one and can give me an idea of how it compares to the 1 1/2" wide Pachmayr grips, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, has anyone tried the Hogue Extreme grips? They're $74 but when I saw 'G10' in the description, I was suddenly a lot less horrified by the price. I may try those. Thoughts?

(York County)

Default Re: Taurus PT92 Hogue Grip Opinions?

Not sure about those specific grips, but I tried the hogue finger grips for the beretta 92, and they did not fit the PT 92.

I do have the pachmeyer grips on it, and like them.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery556 View Post
    ... What I'm looking at specifically is the Hogue grip set. ...
    Are you talking about these grips here?

I have them on my PT92 and they are nice and fat. Not sure how much you'd gain in the slimming department. My suggestion would be to put the stock grips back on your 92, they would be the slimmest option I could think of.
    Johnnie F.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnfritz View Post
    Are you talking about these grips here?

I have them on my PT92 and they are nice and fat. Not sure how much you'd gain in the slimming department. My suggestion would be to put the stock grips back on your 92, they would be the slimmest option I could think of.
    Yeah, those are the ones I was talking about. Disappointing. Pfft ... Stock plastic grips? I threw those pieces of crap in the rubbish years ago. I thought briefly about wooden grips but it's unlikely they'd be any wouldn't be any slimmer and the texture would probably suck for a carry/HD/tactical drills pistol. I'll just start looking into getting a pistol for my girlfriend. Thanks, man.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery556 View Post
    ... Stock plastic grips? I threw those pieces of crap in the rubbish years ago. ...
    Yeah, those things are junk but everything aftermarket I've seen for the PTs are all thicker than they are.

Those Hogues are nice though. Especially for the price.
    Johnnie F.

I used the technology advanced skateboard tape on my PT 92, right up until I sold it. Also had it on the front and rear strap. It worked great. It was a mother to get off, so if you try it, don't sell it for a while. It does not add much area to the grip, and still very easy for a medium sized hand to hold on to. Being kind of anal with looks, I took the time to cut the stuff so it would at least look like it was supposed to be there; it didn't look bad at all. FWIW
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.